• Register
  • Help

Topic: Getting Finale and GPO Working Together

Share/Bookmark

Getting Finale and GPO Working Together

I know I'm not the first one trying to configure these two pdts but maybe somebody has some experience with this.

I can't see GPO inside of Finale 2004 (I just purchased the upgrade last week).

I start GPO First, then I start Finale which begins by telling me that the Midi is in use a number of times.

When I finally get through the pop-ups and go to the Midi setup page as Adam Buford described, I don't see any Garritan in the pop-up when I click on the Advanced tab nor on the Midi Output. I should see Garritan somewhere, right?

I even reinstalled GPO as he suggested and it still didn't show up. Is there any thread or link that you can point me to?

I'm running a P4 2.4, Finale 2004, Windows XP pro, Cubase SX2, with a Hammerfall Soundcard and 1 gig of ram.

I was trying to read in a symphony I wrote in Finale 98 but it was pure documentation meaning that I never attempted to play it through Finale. It was originally done in Sonar and recorded from there. I brought the Midi file into Finale where I formatted the score and extracted parts.

Does any of this ring a bell?

Thanks

Re: Getting Finale and GPO Working Together

Don't know if this is the problem, but make sure you start GPO Studio first (not plain GPO), then start Finale. You then should see Personal Orchestra as one of your options in your midi setup window.

Jeff

Smile Re: Getting Finale and GPO Working Together

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Don't know if this is the problem, but make sure you start GPO Studio first (not plain GPO), then start Finale. You then should see Personal Orchestra as one of your options in your midi setup window.

Jeff
    Jeff, thanks, that's exactly what the problem was. I'm surprised that Studio wasn't part of the actual GPO package. I thought GPO was GPO Studio.

Now I can begin learning GPO from inside Finale.

Go Back to forum