• Register
  • Help

Topic: New midi controller

Share/Bookmark

New midi controller

Hey guys check this out!!
    http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/
    I wonder how this would work with our traditional samples that are made??
    Deep....
    A decent discussion over at Musicplayer.com

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultim...;f=18;t=011130

Check it out!!
    Later
    Bri

Re: New midi controller

interesting...reminded me of Paul Tanner's "tannerin" electro theremin.

Post Re: New midi controller

There's a review of it in the latest "Keyboard" magazine (which I don't have handy). Interesting, but I don't think I'd use it...

Fozzy

Looks like something I'd love - but absurdly expensive.
    Trev Parks

If that had a keyboard painted on it i'd love to get it . I am learning how to play the violin at the moment and that is already a fretless instrument :P

But, it's still very amazing to me ... instead of using portamento and solo leads, imagine playing your synth solo's sliding your hand x and y on that ... awesome
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

What they need to do is erase one of the zeroes off the prices and then people would actually buy this.

Aside from Laurie Anderson and some of the other experimental artists, I really don't know who this gizmo is really marketed to with that price?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    What they need to do is erase one of the zeroes off the prices and then people would actually buy this.

Aside from Laurie Anderson and some of the other experimental artists, I really don't know who this gizmo is really marketed to with that price?
    Yeah, you are actually right on the Midphase, i was looking at the price and i saw the Case size first and i thought: " Only 375 $??? " then i looked at the actual price and said : " Oh , it's only 529.0 yippee " .... but at a second look i saw that damn extra zero

Full Size [Nearly 8 octaves (9350 cents)]
    US$5290.00, flight case add $375.00 or lightweight case add $320.00

I gues Jean Michael Jarre might buy 2 of them
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Just think of the virtual violin!!!
    Yes you can get the piano map, but obviously you'd have to relearn chords etc. But vibrato by sliding, true fretless ability and you push in for volume... Man that's pretty deep from the standard keyboard with sliders and joysticks... Ya the 5k makes it not for the hobbiest, but hey that's how keyboards first priced at...
    Just thought it was an interesting read..

Later
    Bri

I hope they get enough ordersto stay in business, in a few years this couldbecome something really exciting. To paraphrase Don Buchla, "We are building something we are asking a person to devote their life to learning. We had better make something worth a person's life..."

This is a great beginning.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum