• Register
  • Help

Topic: Three Ragtime Pieces

Share/Bookmark

Three Ragtime Pieces

Here are three of my original, ricky-ticky ragtime pieces. I used two simultaneous instances of piano and de-tuned one slightly. I also rolled off the low frequency and cranked up the high end of the pianos to give the overall effect of a 1920s, tinny, out-of-tune, bar-room instrument. The GPO tuba rounds out the group.

"Recycle Rag"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ecycle+Rag.mp3

"Rugrat Rag"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...Rugrat+Rag.mp3

"Rocky Top Rag"

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...ky+Top+Rag.mp3

Regards,

Larry A.

Thumbs up Re: Three Ragtime Pieces

Hey Larry,

Sorry for this horribly small and constructive-critiscism-less reply, but I like 'em! Like many of your pieces these put a smile on my face -- that Rugrat in particular
    -- Mr. Kej

Re: Three Ragtime Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by kejero
    Hey Larry,

Sorry for this horribly small and constructive-critiscism-less reply, but I like 'em! Like many of your pieces these put a smile on my face -- that Rugrat in particular
    Mr. Kej,

Thanks for listening.

I have written more than twenty-five ragtime pieces. Just for the fun of it and for the sake of alliteration, each name begins with the letter "R".

Regards,

Larry A.

Larry,

I really enjoyed Larry "Alexander's Ragtime Band." Using two pianos and detuning one to get a honky-tonk sound is brilliant. Excellent rag chops! I especially liked the Rugrat Rag.

You music sure put a smile on my face. Keep up the great work. I hope I can post these in the Ragtime setion of the GPO demo page.

Thanks for sharing these.

Gary Garritan

OK Larry it's my turn to comment on your music.... I too love Rugrat Rag!
    I'm listening to it again as I type, and I'm making a ton of mistakes because the music is making me type too fast. How can someone listen to that and not smile?
    Can't you just see an old black and white movie in fast motion,
    some people trying to get a young horse to stay still long enough to get everything loaded, then BAM! everything falls to the ground and they have to start all over again. Hilarious, great stuff Larry,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Larry,

I really enjoyed Larry "Alexander's Ragtime Band." Using two pianos and detuning one to get a honky-tonk sound is brilliant. Excellent rag chops! I especially liked the Rugrat Rag.

You music sure put a smile on my face. Keep up the great work. I hope I can post these in the Ragtime setion of the GPO demo page.

Thanks for sharing these.

Gary Garritan
    Thank you, Mr. G.

Yes, post if you wish.

Regards,

Larry A.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    OK Larry it's my turn to comment on your music.... I too love Rugrat Rag!
    I'm listening to it again as I type, and I'm making a ton of mistakes because the music is making me type too fast. How can someone listen to that and not smile?
    Can't you just see an old black and white movie in fast motion,
    some people trying to get a young horse to stay still long enough to get everything loaded, then BAM! everything falls to the ground and they have to start all over again. Hilarious, great stuff Larry,
    Dan
    Thank you, Dan.

I'm pleased that you like it.

Regards,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum