• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Something is Wrong

Share/Bookmark

Something is Wrong

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    You know something is wrong with the Republican party when 94% of African Americans vote democrat. The African Americans in Bush's cabinet have absolutely no connection to the rest of the African Americans in this country. They are outsiders that do not represent the views of African Americans. If Bush appointed African Americans that shared the same views as the vast majority of the group, then this would be progress. As it is, his attempt to appear fair and open to all Americans is a failure. Let's face it, the views of African Americans are being almost completely ignored in the current administration. That is not America or democracy. To be fair, democrats have a long way to go, but there is a difference. I think progress in this area needs to continue and not go backwards. Don't forget that many of the people running this country were around when racism was acceptable. People don't change very easily. But I think it is important to note that it was the democratic party that fought for minority/women's rights in this century. Isn't that what this country is supposed to be about? A nation for all of the peoples of this world?

Re: Something is Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    You know something is wrong with the Republican party when 94% of African Americans vote democrat.......<snip>...... But I think it is important to note that it was the democratic party that fought for minority/women's rights in this century. Isn't that what this country is supposed to be about? A nation for all of the peoples of this world?
    If you want to talk about history...it was the Republicans, the party of Lincoln that fought against slavery. It was the Republicans who passed civil rights legislation.

You know....my father was born in West Virginia. He was born a "Democrat". His entire family is full of die hard Democrats. So much so that if you ask them why they vote Democratic...they can't really give you a good reason beyond..."because that is who you vote for in this family."

It was not until my father moved to California (The only one in his family to do so) in the mid 50's that he started to see the world a bit differently. He became more conservative over the years and although he was a registered Democrat, started voting republican in the 70's. Since Reagan he has been a die hard Republican supporter (while being a registered Democrat). The only Republican supporter in his family, who again, is the only one living outside of West Virginia...a VERY Democratic state. This past year he officially changed his party affiliation from Democrat to Republican.

So...why do an abnormally large percentage of African Americans vote along Democratic party lines? I would argue it is not because they don't think the Republican party represents them well. (I would argue that the Republican party actually represents their interests more than the Democrats party). No...they vote Democratic by a large percentage because they have been raised to believe that is simply the way one votes when you are African American. Times have changed...they haven't. Well...94% of them haven't.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

but Nick you have a slight problem its called COMPASSION and it is not a commodity so you cant make money out of it, the really sad thing for me is peoples egotism and selfishness ruin everything for everyone, just think of it the system gives out the carrot and there are just enought people who will take the carrot and make the system work , once the carrot looses its power the system collapses, but the problem is greed its all around us and i am not just talking about the rich you can even see it in people of all class's, untill a fundamental change occurs in the societies at large, or the system just collapses out of decadence nothing will change

The great Republican Party of Lincoln bears no resemblance to the Republican Party of today. Same is true of the Democratic Party. The Democrats at one point became way too liberal (IMO) and Ronald Reagan, and, believe it or not, Bill Clinton and Joseph Biden, among others, brought it more to the center.

The Republicans have become way too far to the right (again IMO). Moderation is the key, and at this point, it is the Democrats who are the moderates.(IMNSHO).
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I think we all have to acknowledge that inner-cities fail to educate their populace like suburban areas do. I think that is the crucial problem. How can kids learn to think for themselves when it's not "cool" to be educated? It's just as much of a cultural problem as it is a political one. The whole time they're hearing from their role models that they don't have a chance to succeed, that they are victims of an unfair society. But I strongly believe that you can take any inner-city child, at a young age, put him in a suburban area, and that child will learn. He might even become an uncle tom.

That's the most offensive thing to me. A black gets educated, thinks for himself, comes to different conclusions than Al Sharpton, and he's an Uncle Tom. That, in itself, is indicative of the cultural indoctrination that is at work.

Evidently, it's not enough to be educated and think for yourself. You have to be educated, think for yourself, and be a Marxist.

EDIT: I'm being harsh, sorry. If you can take a kid out of the ghetto and help him turn his life around, then we should never rest until we figure out how to educate every single kid there is. I wish I had an answer.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I think we all have to acknowledge that inner-cities fail to educate their populace like suburban areas do. I think that is the crucial problem. How can kids learn to think for themselves when it's not "cool" to be educated? It's just as much of a cultural problem as it is a political one.
    yes it is a cultural problem, but guess what it is a cultural problem that the system either wants or it cant avoid because of the nature of the system, this is something that you seem to totally miss , which is cultural exploitation and its connection to power

Quote Originally Posted by frog
    The whole time they're hearing from their role models that they don't have a chance to succeed, that they are victims of an unfair society. But I strongly believe that you can take any inner-city child, at a young age, put him in a suburban area, and that child will learn. He might even become an uncle tom.
    you have no idea how mis-informed you are in this area, the simplicity of your thinking is unfathomable from a intelligent person, i can only bring it down to ideological blindness

Quote Originally Posted by frog
    That's the most offensive thing to me. A black gets educated, thinks for himself, comes to different conclusions than Al Sharpton, and he's an Uncle Tom. That, in itself, is indicative of the cultural indoctrination that is at work.
    you are so wrong and so shallow and have absolutely no idea about the subject of minorities and culture

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    you are so wrong and so shallow and have absolutely no idea about the subject of minorities and culture

OH Really!?!?!?!?!?!? Where did you grow up charles? I grew up in Los Angeles. My high school was going to get shut down because there weren't enough kids living close by. Instead of closing it, they bussed in inner-city kids. There were just as many inner-city kids at my high school than there were middle-class kids. In fact, I became friends with many inner-city kids. Some of my good friends in High School were from Pocoima, South-Central LA, Sylmar. My best friend's girlfriend lived right in South Central. We were there often. I transfered to Olympic High School in 11th grade. That's Santa Monica's continuation school dude, and it was 75% latino gang members.

I've come to my own conclusions about this from a first-hand experience with these people. I know, from experience, that these people are victims of culture. So, while I appreciate your accusations, they're nonetheless incorrect, false, wrong, and stupid.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

You mean great Democrats like George Wallace of Alabama?

Quote Originally Posted by dcornutt
    You mean great Democrats like George Wallace of Alabama?
    LOL! even he did a 180 before he died!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Lets hope Sen Bryd does too.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast