• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Opinion...

Share/Bookmark

Opinion...

We have some very talented and creative composers on this forum. I really enjoy ninety per cent of the music.

This is certainly NOT a criticism of anyone or anyone's work, but it would be nice to hear some up-tempo, spirited, major-key, uplifting, original compositions to balance the Largo works that currently abound.

Thanks to all contributors for unselfishly sharing your music with us!

Presto, anyone?

Regards,

Larry A.

Re: Opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    We have some very talented and creative composers on this forum. I really enjoy ninety per cent of the music.

This is certainly NOT a criticism of anyone or anyone's work, but it would be nice to hear some up-tempo, spirited, major-key, uplifting, original compositions to balance the Largo works.

Thanks to all contributors for unselfishly sharing your music with us!

Presto, anyone?

Regards,

Larry A.
    Hi Larry, maybe I'll compose a presto piece for you soon.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

how about 'allegretto grazioso'? check the piano trio movement at www.soundclick.com/guglielmo music page! Working on the 'allegro assai' too, but there are a lot of notes involved.

Larry, you're only saying that because that's the kind of stuff you do. You do plenty, and you do it very skillfully. But lots of people like bleak, darkly emotive music.
    But as you've set the challenge I'll do a 130bpm major key piece just for you.
    "A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules,often with the assistence of unsuspecting musicians"

I use GPO to make nothing but emo-rock!

Oh wait, emo - I am not supposed to smile... J/K
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Btw. Larry, I can't remember to have heard slow movement by you. Have you post such a movement?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    ...... to balance the Largo works that currently abound.
    Presto, anyone?

Larry A.
    Hi Larry
    Since I guess my Largo triggered your post: This one is specially for you!

ftp://213.189.138.53/Joplin_SugarCane.mp3

Different people consider different things sweet...
    The purpose of my demos is to show what you can achieve using GPO and motivate other users to get the best out of our common tool. If you listen to this very raw rendering maybe you consider doing your demos with GPO also? I'm shure your uplifting and allways positive music will benefit and you can make more people happy...

In case somebody wants to learn something from the score:
    ftp://213.189.138.53/sugar-cane-a4.pdf

Take care
    fmfgs

Very nice fmfgs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fmfgs
    Hi Larry
    Since I guess my Largo triggered your post: This one is specially for you!

The only thing that "triggered" my post was the fact that most of the music that has been submitted, for an extended period of time, has been slow in tempo. I'm not making a judgement, I'm just stating a fact. I used the word "Largo" in general terms as an indicator of slow tempo. It has nothing to do with your music.

ftp://213.189.138.53/Joplin_SugarCane.mp3

Different people consider different things sweet...
    The purpose of my demos is to show what you can achieve using GPO and motivate other users to get the best out of our common tool. If you listen to this very raw rendering maybe you consider doing your demos with GPO also? I'm shure your uplifting and allways positive music will benefit and you can make more people happy...

fmfgs
    I don't know what you're talking about. I always use GPO instruments in combination with other instrumental sound sources. I will admit that the blending of these different sources sometimes produces results that are not desirable because the GPO sounds can get inadvertently buried in the mix. I'm still trying to learn how to use the GPO system.

Larry A.

Exclamation Re: Opinion...

While we are tossing around "opinions" here are three points:

[1] I think it was Mahler who said that a slow movement (in particular, an Adagio for the conclusion of a symphony instead of the usual up-beat Allegro) was (something to the effect of) "the highest form of musical art". I know that I am finding more interesting orchestral colors in exploring a slower-paced movement and personally I may have an associated (currently) with higher-paced tempos as being "anxiety-producing" (at a time when the world needs a lot less anxiety).

[2] While "demos" of an existing piece are always interesting (to see how well GPO and other samples can fool the ear), I am personally far more interesting in original pieces and have imposed a "self gag order" on commenting on other than original.

[3] Want to raise the bar? Submit something along the lines that you "request" and see how the community reacts.

At least that's my $0.02 . . . KevinKauai

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast