• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does insurance cover cultural transition expenses?

Share/Bookmark

Does insurance cover cultural transition expenses?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    The other day someone backed into my parked car, modestly crunching the driver's door. The door still opens and closes normally, though the window made a bad noise at the end when I rolled it up. It seemed a small thing at the time; his insurance company told me where to go to take care of it. This morning they looked at the car and declared it totaled.

I'll keep the car, but it will be a $25 or $75 car - salvage value. That means my keyboard rig is now my most valuable possession. Someone else's moment of inattention, and crunch- I'm pushed across a cultural divide. Before I was actually a bit embarrassed that a car was my big possesion, so perhaps I was somewhat prepared for this transition, but as an American, I feel the right to demand compensation for just about anything whenever some deep pockets with little jury sympathy are nearby.

Re: Does insurance cover cultural transition expenses?

Sorry man. That really sucks. At least you'll get compensation.

I got sideswiped in an icy parking lot in '98. Almost identical to the damage you described. I don't know if the car was technically totalled or not but It drove fine for another 3 years. They sent me a check for $2100.00 and I bought a QS8, Cubase and a Motu 2408

It wasn't nearly as bad as the time someone broke into my house and stole all 250 of my prized CDs. That one hurt, real bad.

You know the addage, what seems like a curse may very well turn out to be a blessing. Either way, I hope it all works out for the best for you. Good luck.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Early 1989:

I had recently purchased an '84 (?) Dodge Colt from a rental car company for about $1000. I regretted it shortly after driving it off the lot.

3 weeks later:
    I had parked it in front of my then-girlfriend's place while we used her '87 Honda Civic instead.

As I was going to retrieve it early one morning, for SOME unknown reason I thought to myself "If the car has been stolen, I'm going to buy a Korg M1."

As luck would have it, the car had been stolen. Some kids took it for a joyride and totalled it.

My insurance company gave me $2000 for it. Best investment I ever made.

I still have the M1.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blankenau
    The other day someone backed into my parked car, modestly crunching the driver's door. The door still opens and closes normally, though the window made a bad noise at the end when I rolled it up. It seemed a small thing at the time; his insurance company told me where to go to take care of it. This morning they looked at the car and declared it totaled.

I'll keep the car, but it will be a $25 or $75 car - salvage value. That means my keyboard rig is now my most valuable possession. Someone else's moment of inattention, and crunch- I'm pushed across a cultural divide. Before I was actually a bit embarrassed that a car was my big possesion, so perhaps I was somewhat prepared for this transition, but as an American, I feel the right to demand compensation for just about anything whenever some deep pockets with little jury sympathy are nearby.
    Give John Edwards a call....he might be able to wring a few million out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    He might be busy for the next 16 years!
    Maybe, maybe not

Go Back to forum