Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New GSIF2 Chart posted on TASCAM site

Share/Bookmark

New GSIF2 Chart posted on TASCAM site

See the following chart for the current info on GSIF2 compatibility:

http://www.tascamgiga.com/hardware.php

Re: New GSIF2 Chart posted on TASCAM site

From Tascam:

Following is a list of GSIF-compatible Audio Cards that work with GigaStudio 3. In order to get the tight, low latency that GigaStudio 3 delivers (the lowest of any sampler), it requires a GSIF-compatible audio card.

Why does it not say GSIF2 instead of just GSIF?

If you're audio card is not on this list,¾ but you sequence with a ReWire capable host (Cubase SX, Live, Nuendo, ProTools etc.)¾you can still use GigaStudio 3¾ as a ReWire slave application.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Why does it not say GISF2 instead of just GSIF?
    I think that they mean that GSIF is required for Giga, which is the lowest latency software sampler. Sure, GSIF2 (midi) lowers the latency futher, but it's not required.

-Jon Fairhurst

So for now we have GSIF 2.0 by Echo, Frontier Design, RME and TASCAM...

Indeed the RME line gave us the new driver some months ago, I personnally own the Multiface.

So it seems that GS 3.0 is soon to come in the scene.
    3 years... For a Hardware Company and the very first little, little baby (soft) it can be understood, NOR the one way communication (from all of us to TASCAM). Yes I know we have been aknoledged by Synthetic and Bruce with some kind of animation, but the absence of oficial communication TASCAM--->USERS is not easy to understand...

We alway can think positive and now in the last days before GS 3.0 see the light maintain a sort of relaxing state...

A mysterious one: Have you heard something about the new TeraStudio? It look very promising... Shhhhh...

hv

Synthetic:

Are the GSIF2 drivers on the gold dvd master along with gs3? Just wondering if we should be on the lookout for driver updates.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by hv
    Synthetic:

Are the GSIF2 drivers on the gold dvd master along with gs3? Just wondering if we should be on the lookout for driver updates.

Howard
    Normally the drivers (and updates) are provided by the sound card manufacturers

Hopefully GS3 will be a huge success, and all of the "remaining" audio interface manufacturers (including MOTU, which I have) will create a GSIF2 driver.

All of the sound card manufacturers on that list have the beta version of GS3 to write code with. Any others know where to reach us to support GSIF/GSIF2.

If new drivers are required to use your card, they can be downloaded at that manufacturers' website.

hv

Thanks, Synthetic. I've heard informally that the Tascam FW1884 v1.20 drivers are already GSIF2. I assume that the same applies to the current Win 2K/XP US-122 v 3.24 drivers that issued around the same time.

Howard

Got this email back from MOTU tech support this morning...

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

There is no official word on the development of such drivers. However, in the past, MOTU has been committed to supporting all the latest technologies for both Mac and PC in software and hardware development. Check our website periodically for latest news and updates to drivers.

Thanks for writing,
    Nathan
    MOTU Tech
    Quote:

I was wondering if MOTU was going to work on drivers for the new Gigastudio 3.0.?

These would be GSIF Ver 2 drivers

Would that be for the older 324 card as well as the 424 card??

Thanks guys.

Go Back to forum