Topic: Is Bush Losing It?

Share/Bookmark

Is Bush Losing It?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides
    By TERESA HAMPTON
    Jun 4, 2004, 06:15

President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader’s state of mind.
    In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.”

Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his policies in Iraq or at home.

For More: http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_4636.shtml

Re: Is Bush Losing It?

If this is true, then I am scared.

You people are a complete disgrace. Unbelievable what you will do or say or believe to get your power back.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    You people are a complete disgrace. Unbelievable what you will do or say or believe to get your power back.
    I didn't say it, Brian. It's being reported in the news with GOP sources. I have no idea whether it's true or not -- I'm merely posting the link. Read it yourself and make up your own mind.

I will say that the website reminds me a lot of newsmax and some of the other sites you rely so much on. So it could be hogwash.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I didn't say it, Brian. It's being reported in the news with GOP sources. I have no idea whether it's true or not -- I'm merely posting the link. Read it yourself and make up your own mind.

I will say that the website reminds me a lot of newsmax and some of the other sites you rely so much on. So it could be hogwash.
    I ran across this exact same piece maybe 6 months ago on one of the Hysterical Conspiracy Theory sites. I'd say it's about as reliable as any unsubstantiated story you find on the internet or a supermarket checkout stand tabloid.

Might be untrue. However, it does fit the profile. "With us or against us."

This sounds about as credible as reports of babies found in watermellons.

I also saw a similar story, maybe a year ago.

I don't doubt that they are feeling pressure. Who wouldn't, regardless of the polls? The interesting thing is how the story plays off of other known stories - Bush claims God's council, the administration uses the F-word, the election is tight, you're with us or against us.

On the other side I just read that there is an e-mail "whisper campaign" about Kerry and the Heinz fortune. Rather than build a story out of whole cloth, it builds on what is known.

From factcheck.org:

False allegations about Kerry's wife have been circulating for months, but the velocity of the Internet "whispering campaign" picked up substantially with the approach of the Fall campaign.

One false message claims Teresa Heinz Kerry gave $4 million to a foundation that used the funds to support a list of "radical" groups including one with alleged links to Hamas and another that is said to have offered to provide a lawyer for Saddam Hussein. But public records show otherwise. Heinz Kerry's foundation money was directed to projects such as "Sustainable Pittsburgh," which promotes "smart growth" strategies.

Another widely circulated e-mail claims Kerry and his wife "own" dozens of H.J. Heinz Company factories in Europe and Asia. It accuses Kerry of hypocrisy for denouncing offshoring of US jobs while "making millions off that cheap labor."

That's also false: neither of them own Heinz. Public records show Heinz Kerry isn't an officer of the company, isn't on the company's board of directors, and isn't even close to being the largest shareholder. The Heinz Endowments do own Heinz stock -- less than 4% of the company -- but income from that stock goes to charity, not to the Kerrys personally.

-Jon Fairhurst

Go Back to forum