• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod Wheel Data in Overture Full Version

Share/Bookmark

Mod Wheel Data in Overture Full Version

Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the mod wheel data in the full version of Overture? You can assign dynamics in the SE version, but you cannot see the values or edit them. This would be huge factor in me upgrading one day. I need those controls!!! The piano roll in Overture is novel, but is really lacking in substinence, but I wonder if that is the lite version talking. Hopefully that is not the case in the full version, because it is a tremendous idea to have a piano roll included in the notation program.

Re: Mod Wheel Data in Overture Full Version

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Does anyone know if it is possible to edit the mod wheel data in the full version of Overture? You can assign dynamics in the SE version, but you cannot see the values or edit them. This would be huge factor in me upgrading one day. I need those controls!!! The piano roll in Overture is novel, but is really lacking in substinence, but I wonder if that is the lite version talking. Hopefully that is not the case in the full version, because it is a tremendous idea to have a piano roll included in the notation program.
    Joseph,
    I have discussed this shortcoming with Don Williams and he seemed to understand the problem and was willing to fix it. You might want to drop him a line at support@geniesoft.com. He can tell you whether that is in the works for Ov 4; I can't. ;-)

BTW, Don is sometimes amazing when it comes to updates. A few days ago we reported a bug in 3.6 and there was a fix within a half-hour or so. I would recommend going to geniesoft.com frequently to check for 3.6.0 updaters. Unfortunately, he doesn't identify the updaters by build, but they are dated so you can ensure that you have the latest. I would say that Don is doing a lot to make GPO and Ov interface as smoothly as possible.

IIRC, the piano roll is a remnant of the old Opcode days (Vision, was it?)

Best...Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: Mod Wheel Data in Overture Full Version

Side note am I right in my reading that the upgrade price for us is 249 dollars US?

Go Back to forum