• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Topic: In the words of an Iraqi...

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    In the words of an Iraqi...

    sponsored links


    ***Advertisments***
    Tell y'all what......There is an American-Iraqi film maker named Jano Rosebiani who now lives in Iraq is now finally able to make the films he has been wanting to make for years. Since the lefties in this fine musical group all love Documentaries...how about you all spend some time researching and trying to see this filmmaker's films so you can get some informational balance in your lives.

    His latest is called SADDAM'S MASS GRAVES and it was recently shown at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York .

    Here is the director's statement for his film:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jano Rosebiani
    Director's Statement:

    The tragedy left behind by Saddam, Chemical Ali, and their cronies has left a scar that will probably never fully heal. However, as it has been the case in other troubled parts of the world, such as South Africa and Cambodia, I hope that finding the truth and spreading the facts and figures about the collective suffering of innocent Iraqis under the previous regime will bring the people closer and make way for reconciliation that will in turn lead to a truly democratic and terror-free Iraq, where no one group overshadows another but all live equally side by side in peace and harmony under a federal democratic system that is satisfactory to all. This idea of truth and reconciliation for the people of Iraq was the driving force for me in making this documentary. Looking back at the past made me realize that Iraqis are not alone in their suffering. The previous century may fittingly be labeled as the century of terror and genocides. Among them, the Armenian genocide in Turkey, Hitler's genocide of the Jews and the Gypsies, the Khmer Rouge's in Cambodia, the Mayan massacre in Guatemala, the massacres in Congo, Rwanda, Serbia, etc. We may conclude that the past century was truly the era of tyrants--Hitler, Idi Amin, Pinochet, Milosevic, Saddam, and so many more. As to the misinformed in the world, I hope this film will set the record straight for once by bringing to light the extent of Saddam's monstrosity, that such a beast was no one's friend nor a hero, not in Iraq, nor in anywhere else in the world. Consequently, I hope that this film will move the common man and woman to think again in their assessment of Saddam, and instead begin to sympathize with the suffering Iraqis. It may be too early to estimate the number of gravesites or the number of the dead as new sites are being discovered every day. One thing for sure, had Saddam not been defeated, a great majority of Iraqi population would have ended up in these mass graves at some point in time. The mass graves that are already dotting Iraq's landscape from Musil to Basra. I believe the scar that is inflicted upon the people is the common denominator that should bond Iraqis to work together to prevent such a tragedy to ever come to pass again.
    So...here is what I challenge my "left" friends here on the forum to do with their strong beliefs. If you are so sure in your belief that Iraq is NOT better off today than it was when Saddam was in power before this war, then you should email your comments to this Documentary director and let him know that his films are flat out wrong. Let him know that Iraq is not better off today. Tell him that despite Saddam being a bad person and irregardless of the argument that Saddam was a threat to the U.S. or not...tell him it was not the US responsibility to do anything about people in this region who could not stand up for themselves. I would love to know his response.

    Here is his contact info:

    Jano Rosebiani
    EVINI FILMS
    25 47th Kolan
    Hewler, Kurdistan,
    Phone: 22 276 24
    Fax: efax: 208-246-0706
    Email: jano@medyaarts.com
    Web Site: evinifilms@yahoo.com


    Go ahead y'all....put your money where your mouth is.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

    Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

  2. #2

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Brian, Most people in Iraq are not better off than they were under Saddam, yet. Maybe in the future, maybe not. They are currently afraid for their lives to much greater degree than they were under Saddam. There is also a strong chance that a new Saddam will take over. If this happens, but the new Saddam is friendly to US oil interests, we probably will just hear how great everything is in Iraq. No one disputes the terror of Saddam. But it is not the position of the US to invade countries because we don't like the dictators. If we did this to truly free these countries from tyranny, then we would be invading many more countries. In truth, we have put most of these dictators into power, for our own economic interests. You need a history lesson. The US does not like democracies in nation where we have an interest in the resources. The people always want us out, so a dictator keeps the people's will from prevailing. There are dozens of examples. An obvious one would be our support for Saddam after his largest murder of dissenters. We did not go into Iraq last year to free the Iraqis, or because of WMD. When will you face the truth?

  3. #3
    Judas Cloud
    Guest

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    The US does not like democracies in nation where we have an interest in the resources.
    [...snip]
    We did not go into Iraq last year to free the Iraqis, or because of WMD.
    Is that a contradiction, dear sir?

  4. #4

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Brian, Most people in Iraq are not better off than they were under Saddam, yet. Maybe in the future, maybe not. They are currently afraid for their lives to much greater degree than they were under Saddam. There is also a strong chance that a new Saddam will take over. If this happens, but the new Saddam is friendly to US oil interests, we probably will just hear how great everything is in Iraq. No one disputes the terror of Saddam. But it is not the position of the US to invade countries because we don't like the dictators. If we did this to truly free these countries from tyranny, then we would be invading many more countries. In truth, we have put most of these dictators into power, for our own economic interests. You need a history lesson. The US does not like democracies in nation where we have an interest in the resources. The people always want us out, so a dictator keeps the people's will from prevailing. There are dozens of examples. An obvious one would be our support for Saddam after his largest murder of dissenters. We did not go into Iraq last year to free the Iraqis, or because of WMD. When will you face the truth?
    Why don't you email all of that to Jano Rosebiani? Seriously. I made it easy for you to do. You're the one who was hopeing this forum would effect some sort of change about...anything really. Sooooo...email him.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

    Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

  5. #5

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    So...here is what I challenge my "left" friends here on the forum to do with their strong beliefs. If you are so sure in your belief that Iraq is NOT better off today than it was when Saddam was in power before this war...
    Brian, this just goes to show that you're making assumptions and not listening at all to what we're saying. Why should I be surprised?

    I don't think any of us "lefties" believes that Saddam was a good guy, or that Iraq was a place of sunshine and roses. I'm sure that their lives will be much better (once the mess is cleaned up over there) than they were under Saddam.

    BUT WE DIDN'T INVADE IRAQ IN ORDER TO FREE THE IRAQIS. We invaded Iraq because Saddam was supposedly an "imminent threat" to the United States.

    We, as a nation, DON'T START WARS. We have seen many, many leaders as destructive as Saddam, but we have never felt the need to start a war in order to free their citizens.

    And that's what's at the bottom of our whole argument. Bush attacked a soverign nation, and he did it without a legitimate reason and without the blessing of the rest of the world.

    As a result, the threat of terrorism against our nation has risen.

  6. #6

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Brian you can rationalize anything

    1- your film maker does not have a clue about American foreign policy , which is evident by your post, becuase he has not been able to make larger connections, which if i find the time i will be happy to help you with since you are obviously living in some 1950's Walt disney episode

    2- your film maker, going by the amount of ignorance on his part is probably as fully socialized as you and wes , sir frog, in other words totally indocrinated

    3- just for one minute try to entertain the thought that your country has done something evil, you may learn the true meaning of Jungs term the shadow, because you clearly have not been able to look into your self

  7. #7
    Judas Cloud
    Guest

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    BUT WE DIDN'T INVADE IRAQ IN ORDER TO FREE THE IRAQIS. We invaded Iraq because Saddam was supposedly an "imminent threat" to the United States.
    I seem to remember Bush and Blair, in the months leading up to the war, talking quite often of the atrocities of the Sadam regime. It seemed like just one more reason why we should go in there to liberate the people.

    Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    We, as a nation, DON'T START WARS. We have seen many, many leaders as destructive as Saddam, but we have never felt the need to start a war in order to free their citizens.
    Well then thank goodness Mr. Bush is brave enough to take on this responsibility, and thank goodness for all those suffering Iraqies that unlike the cowardly, yellow bellied left, he "felt the need" to liberate and free them. I would think that's what decent people should do for one another, "feel the need" to help them. For all the liberals care, Saddam could have lived another hundred years opressing his people. Just as long as it didn't bother them in any way, there would never be any reason to get involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    I'm sure that their lives will be much better (once the mess is cleaned up over there) than they were under Saddam.
    But it'd still be better for us if we had just left them all to be tortured and raped and murdered by their goverment, right? And that's all we should really be concerned about, isn't it?

  8. #8

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Why don't you email all of that to Jano Rosebiani? Seriously. I made it easy for you to do. You're the one who was hopeing this forum would effect some sort of change about...anything really. Sooooo...email him.
    their are plenlty of web sites where this uninformed person can get information

    www.zmag.org being just one you send him the link

    no one is disputing the evil of Saddam, the problem is the whole cause and effect is missing from your views, people like Saddam dont just pop out of thin air, Saddam , Suharto(Indonesia) and just about every dictator of the 20th century are part of a much larger pattern of Corporations, Greed, Social Control, Capitalism, your post only focus's on a very small part of the chain of cause and effect and totally distorts the full picture by highlighting only one possible micro perspective out of the much larger macro

  9. #9

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Cloud
    I seem to remember Bush and Blair, in the months leading up to the war, talking quite often of the atrocities of the Sadam regime. It seemed like just one more reason why we should go in there to liberate the people.



    Well then thank goodness Mr. Bush is brave enough to take on this responsibility, and thank goodness for all those suffering Iraqies that unlike the cowardly, yellow bellied left, he "felt the need" to liberate and free them. I would think that's what decent people should do for one another, "feel the need" to help them. For all the liberals care, Saddam could have lived another hundred years opressing his people. Just as long as it didn't bother them in any way, there would never be any reason to get involved.



    But it'd still be better for us if we had just left them all to be tortured and raped and murdered by their goverment, right? And that's all we should really be concerned about, isn't it?
    have you read any articles at all on the issues? , because going by your answers, you are either one sheltered dude, or suffering from some kind socially transmitted illusionary brain disorder, like your other right wing friends

  10. #10

    Re: In the words of an Iraqi...

    Quote Originally Posted by charles
    their are plenlty of web sites where this uninformed person can get information

    www.zmag.org being just one you send him the link
    If I send this guy anything it will be money to help fund his next documentary.

    I find it interesting that with all the strong opinions on this forum of whether Iraq is better off now than it was with Saddam in power...that no one here is going to put their money where their mouth is and send this Iraqi filmmaker a simple email educating him on the facts and saying he is just misinformed.

    Come on Charles...don't hide behind your computer screen, throw out a lot of baseless accusations and leave it there. Tell this guy off. You seem to know better than he does.

    Heck...aren't you closer to him now in like Spain or something? Since the Spanish seem to know how to really deal with Terrorists and not allow them to interfere with the democratic process, etc...perhaps you can teach this Iraqi a thing or two yourself.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

    Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •