• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite & GPO

Share/Bookmark

GOS Lite & GPO

Hi y'all,

Can anyone tell me from their experiences with both GOS Lite and the GPO strings, if their is much of a difference in the quality of the sound?

If so, does anyone know (hint Gary) if the GOS strings will be rolled into GPO at a future date. With the new update coming out, will we need both?

Opinions?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Gary Young

Re: GOS Lite & GPO

I thought GPO already used some of the samples from GOS, but I could be totally off base. Of course, GOS has many more articulations than GPO, but does not include ensemble samples or solo instruments. GOS is sections only. They compliment one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Young
    Hi y'all,

Can anyone tell me from their experiences with both GOS Lite and the GPO strings, if their is much of a difference in the quality of the sound?

If so, does anyone know (hint Gary) if the GOS strings will be rolled into GPO at a future date. With the new update coming out, will we need both?

Opinions?

Thanks,
    Gary
    In my opinion, there is no difference in the quality of the samples between the two. Any plusses or minuses you have with GPO string sample quality will be shared with GOS Lite.

Lightbulb Re: GOS Lite & GPO

I bought GOS/Lite first and then got GPO a couple of months later. I couldn't do without either.

I usually post "new stuff" and experiments on this page: http://kevintweedy.net/Preview/MusicPreview.htm and identify which components I am using. (Personally, I think it makes sense to have both, since GOS/Lite has more extensive strings -- especially the "Full Strings" group -- that are very useful for varying articulations.)

I hope this helps in your evaluation.

KevinKauai

Thanks for the info everybody!
    Gary Young

Go Back to forum