• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

I am posting this beautiful demo that Nicole has submitted. Here is Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky for your listening pleasure.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/nd-Tchai...ite1Opus43.mp3

It's great to hear one on Tchaikovsky's lesser known works. In a way it sometimes doesn't sound like it's Tchaikovsky, but then, as Nicole mentions "you begin to pick out little things like the string writing, runs, etc. that are so much his domain and retain that "mystic" sorta vibe that he seems to have".

There is an earlier version of this work Nicole did before taking into account the suggestions people made on the GPO Chat yesterday. If you wish, I can post that as well.

Enjoy!!!

Gary

Talking Re: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

This is a MUST HEAR!!!
    Nicole has set the bar so high that I don't know if I will ever reach it! This recording (for me) was every bit as good as a fine symphony. I'm still in awe of Nicole's mastery - the expressive quality she achieves is simply amazing! Great work Nicole! Thank you for sharing your gift with us!
    - William
    By the way, Mr. Tchaikovsky did a really good job as well.
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Re: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

Nicole is incredible. I wish she would tutor me on how to do this, because most of what I do with GPO sounds like rubbish. Obviously there's a way to make it sound 100% real, but it sure escapes me.

Few things I would like to say.

First of all thanks for the comments

There are a few things I take into consideration when doing mock ups. Number one is: Do I want this to be "hollywoodized"? Most of the time its no and I prefer a more "raw" feeling and consider the time in which it was written. I understand that the art of production for films music is just as much an artform. I simply prefer a more live feel(I leave mistakes in) sorta like its just a one shot recording from older style recording methods, a little dirty I guess I can call it lol. Im old fashioned when it comes to this, and its just personal preference

I did do all the suggestions in chat that people wanted to hear Little more aggressive F horns, bass boost, and less reverb. I only have one recording of this and have never been able to find another so it was my only reference besides the score(and as usual the recording doesnt sound quite like what is written, this is the human interpretation that makes music so wonderfull). I think the Air on G was a wonderful experiment because it shows how each one of us is different in how we percieve the experience.

Thanks again for the comments.
    Nicole Davis

Thumbs up Re: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

Nice!
    Styxx

Thumbs up Re: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

Superb, Nicole! As GG said, it is so nice to hear a rendition of a piece which is fairly obscure. To hear it in a very competent version worthy of any world orchestra, I applaud your efforts wholeheartedly!

Much respect ... KevinKauai

Smile Re: Nicole's Suite 1, Opus 43 by Tchaikovsky

Very Nice indeed! This is the best I have heard so far I think. Wow wow wow! It's still playing as I write and I'm becoming even more impressed as it plays on. You have a serious mastery of the midi data massage. My one question is; How do you get the fast attacks on the strings? These are the best fast string runs I've ever heard from GPO. Do you scoot your midi tracks backward at all to compensate for lazy attacks? It really sounds dynamite. Keep it up. Do you ever write your own music? Would love to hear it if you did. Take care.

Eric

I can't really say what I want to say cause if I say what I want to say it may be taken the other way so all I will say is it's OK.
    Styxx

Holy Poop!

That sounds awesome Nicole, very good work .
    I'd also like to be able to insert so many sounds in my compositions without everything getting lost or muffled up , i guess time will be the best teacher

keep up the good work
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast