• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Member: Greetings and TwoTunes

Share/Bookmark

New Member: Greetings and TwoTunes

Hello ... I have have already given greetings in the 'worst Demo' thread.

Meanwhile, here I post two tunes as part of my intro to this community.

The first is a very short snippet I did as first steps in getting to know the Guinarius solo violin.

http://www.glynpowell.pwp.blueyonder...GarPO-test.mp3

The second is an instrumental 'lieder' peice.

I did it for my girlfriend's birthday. The piano is unedited improv on the GPO Grand [lite/dry]. I intended the melody to be on the violin but within a few minutes realised I was out of my depth especially given that I only had four hours to go before it was time to present her with the CD.

So I played it live on slightly distorted guitar so as to access voilin'like sustain.

The GPO piano delights me ... here it was needing to Accompany ... soulfully and mellowly. I find myself equally at ease with it when i am playing blues, jazz or tango. Very hice piano indeed ... and especially impressive that i was able to feel comfortable fitting it with a 'real world' instrument.

http://www.glynpowell.pwp.blueyonder...dernmp3-02.mp3

Best wishes

Glyn Powell

Re: New Member: Greetings and TwoTunes

Hi Glyn...nice to hear a Brit Bit.

I thought your first piece was very powerful and beautifully programmed and produced. The violin was excellent. This and your guitar piece had a brilliant presence which you don't always hear here. I would like to know some of your production secrets!

I thought your guitar playing was sensitive and beautifully lyrical in the second piece. The GPO piano really is amazing and truly versatile.

All in all I would reckon you're a proper musician!

Frank

Thankyou for the welcome

For me, it is a very much the quality of the sounds that I am working with that inspire me to carry my ideas through.

Both the piano and the violin have inspired me.

This last week or so I have been having an enjoyable and humbling time listening to and studying works by other members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenda
    Thankyou for the welcome

For me, it is a very much the quality of the sounds that I am working with that inspire me to carry my ideas through.

Both the piano and the violin have inspired me.

This last week or so I have been having an enjoyable and humbling time listening to and studying works by other members of this forum.

I assure you that you don't need to be humbled by them all!! I'm like you I'm just inspired by sounds... I remember lying in my mother's womb whilst she was listening to some 78's......some of my earliest and happiest memories....

Frank

Zenda,

Welcome to the GPO Community and thanks for sharing your music with us.
    I enjoyed your fiddling with the Guarnerius violin in the first piece. Also thought the guitar and piano was refreshing in the second piece.

Excellent work for your first tries at GPO. We are now Prisoners of Zenda and looking forward to hearing more of your music.
    Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum