• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kerry Hits a Home Run

Share/Bookmark

Kerry Hits a Home Run

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    After a brilliant and passionate speech, a quick flip through the television dial has most pundits agreeing that Kerry did a bang up job.

Kerry has certainly defined himself -- and defined Bush as well -- in a speech filled with stark contrasts between the two men. Kerry challenged Bush to run a campaign about ideas rather than attack ads, and urged the nation to come together as Americans, as we did during the days after 9/11.

I will be the first to admit that I was a little anxious about this speech. My main reason for supporting Kerry was my complete disdain for Bush. I would have supported any candidate against him.

But now you can count me as unabashed Kerry man. He came on strong and knocked it out of the ballpark.

Re: Kerry Hits a Home Run

More like a foul tip.

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    After a brilliant and passionate speech, a quick flip through the television dial has most pundits agreeing that Kerry did a bang up job.

Kerry has certainly defined himself -- and defined Bush as well -- in a speech filled with stark contrasts between the two men. Kerry challenged Bush to run a campaign about ideas rather than attack ads, and urged the nation to come together as Americans, as we did during the days after 9/11.

I will be the first to admit that I was a little anxious about this speech. My main reason for supporting Kerry was my complete disdain for Bush. I would have supported any candidate against him.

But now you can count me as unabashed Kerry man. He came on strong and knocked it out of the ballpark.
    I thought Kerry's speech was awesome. In fact, he almost sounded like a Republican. I'm glad to hear you're now on board with the war Rob

I only take issue with his personal memo to Bush that he'd like to keep ads positive. It's just a bit hypocritical to call for a positive election season in a speech where you simultaneously take low blows like "secret meetings with polluters", a statement that's quite a stretch for a guy who wants to keep it positive.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I thought Kerry's speech was awesome. In fact, he almost sounded like a Republican. I'm glad to hear you're now on board with the war Rob

I only take issue with his personal memo to Bush that he'd like to keep ads positive. It's just a bit hypocritical to call for a positive election season in a speech where you simultaneously take low blows like "secret meetings with polluters", a statement that's quite a stretch for a guy who wants to keep it positive.
    Your Frogness,

I just visited your website....great music examples! I especially liked the Ethnic Desert and the electronic pieces. Good stuff!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Your Frogness,

I just visited your website....great music examples! I especially liked the Ethnic Desert and the electronic pieces. Good stuff!

Wes
    Thanks Wes.

My sites very amateur. I just threw up some stuff and it's really just an online resume. I'm still a sound designer by profession until I get some more scoring gigs. Thanks for listening
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Yes ... it was great !!

Not to mention, he got Steven Speilberg and John Williams for the gig.

Nice touch !

Honestly, I don't know how Bush will survive the debates. Maybe he'll cancel them or get Roe to feed him lines of BS.

I'm sitting here watching the fireworks show. They ended with Tchaikovsky. I would've ended with Sousa, but hey, ya can't knock the 1812.

I really appreciated Kerry's positive themes. A positive vision on the airwaves, however brief, is a good feeling and makes me proud when I see so many people genuinely celebrating American tradition.
    Michael Peter

play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Honestly, I don't know how Bush will survive the debates. Maybe he'll cancel them or get Roe to feed him lines of BS.
    And that would be your achillies heel Nick...underestimating your opposition. Fortunately for you...Kerry will probably not make that mistake.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    I thought Kerry's speech was awesome. In fact, he almost sounded like a Republican.
    To take a page from his book, what he sounded like was an American. And a damn passionate one at that.

And Wes, I don't think there's anyone out there who would genuinely agree with you that it was a foul tip. If they do, they're fooling themselves. Bush must be shaking in his boots.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast