• Register
  • Help

Topic: To buy or not to buy D'Cota from Steinberg?

Share/Bookmark

Question To buy or not to buy D'Cota from Steinberg?

I have oportunity to buy Steinberg D'Cota from my local arbiter for 140$....
    Is this VST worth this price ?

i already have PLEX from Steinberg.

Re: To buy or not to buy D'Cota from Steinberg?

Quote Originally Posted by lukpcn

It's a great price. But really, stretch and consider the PLUGSOUND SET, or at least one of the PLUGSOUND PROGRAMS. You can download a demo at no charge

http://www.truespec.com/store/plugins/ilio/psfree.shtml

It's more, but you get more. As one person told me today, it totally replaced their Roland hardware.
    Peter L. Alexander
    www.professionalorchestration.com
    www.alexanderpublishing.com
    Learn it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by peter269
    It's a great price. But really, stretch and consider the PLUGSOUND SET, or at least one of the PLUGSOUND PROGRAMS. You can download a demo at no charge

http://www.truespec.com/store/plugins/ilio/psfree.shtml

It's more, but you get more. As one person told me today, it totally replaced their Roland hardware.
    Yes i agree with you... i have plugsounds free and it sounds great but
    i don't have enough money for it and shipping from US to Poland will cost a bit... and shipping of dacota will cost me 5$ here in Poland..

It's not worth really...you could get Cameleon 5000 for similar price and it's MUCH better
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Nemecek
    It's not worth really...you could get Cameleon 5000 for similar price and it's MUCH better
    I need to remember about shipping costs...

Hi,

My condolences

I need to remember about shipping costs...
    I agree with Jan about Cameleon 5000. I believe that you can download it when you buy. As long as you have a decent internet connection, it shouldn't be too painful and it is indeed a nice synth. It comes with some great presets too.

BTW, I don't own Cameleon 5000 although I'll probably pick it up one day. Try the demo (which is also downloadable).

FV

With Cameleon you can download and/or buy a CD. I opted to download. (That reminds me, I should back up the download!).

A great sound source, and well supported on KVR.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

You can never go wrong by saving the money! I wish I had 50 cents on the dollar for every softsynth, plug-in or sample library I've purchased because I thought it was a good deal.

If it's not something you were considering before it went on sale then you're probably better off waiting (and saving) for that item you really want.

Have you looked into VirSyn Tera 2 or VirSyn Cube? (VirSyn is the developer behind D'Cota.) Their sounds are quite similar to D'Cota but are but have far more programming options. There are downloadable demos available for both.

To elaborate on Xanas's comment..... Virsyn developed D'Cota for Steinberg. It is based on Tera... since then they have released Tera2. It is about twice as much as the D'Cota price you quoted below, but some hunting may find you a better price. Even with the first version of Tera, most magazine reviewers etc. thought it had more power than D'Cota. Tera2 is definitely got a lot more going on. I (unfortunately) bought D'Cota when giving myself a big birthday present last year.... later, bought Tera. So now, I don't even have D'Cota loaded on the computer. Both synths make good sounds.... D'Cota is probably a little easier to use (read program), in part because it isn't as deep as Tera2. Check out the link:

http://www.virsyn.com/en/E_Products/E_TERA/e_tera.html

Take Care

Go Back to forum