• Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: THE MEDIA SUCKs part 2

Share/Bookmark

Talking THE MEDIA SUCKs part 2

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    ok i did'nt want to hijack the last thread,
    i still edit new here in atlanta for the # 1 news station, been in various aspects of the biz for about 15 year s , photog, assingment desk managment, special projects etc, promotions,.
    concerrning influece and slant there are conflicting interest that drive just about every major news organization. the bottom line is ..$$$.
    whatever gets ratings makes air.
    however, now we see in america a disturbing trend, major coorporations and political organizations literally running news rooms. thanks to the destruction of the fairness doctrine .
    heres some links you guys can look at.

http://www.outfoxed.org/
    http://www.fair.org/extra/0108/fox-main.html
    http://www.newshounds.us/
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/steinreich8.html

Re: THE MEDIA SUCKs part 2

Oh no...those aren't slanted at all in any one direction...they are as unbiased as can be...yep...nothing like an impartial look at corporations running the "media". I like how they provide "examples" across the board. .....NOT!

Please!
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

When it comes to social issues (religion, racism, women in the workplance, homosexuality), the media leans left. Big media is in big cities, and its staff is largely secular. Note that most of the "liberal media" claims relate to the social side of things.

But when it comes to money, it's corporate baby! And if the powers that be can make or break the corporate profits, Hail to the Chief!

Hence, the conflicting claims that the media is conservative/liberal.

-Jon Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    Oh no...those aren't slanted at all in any one direction...they are as unbiased as can be...yep...nothing like an impartial look at corporations running the "media". I like how they provide "examples" across the board. .....NOT!

Please!

As usual Brian has nothing to back up his claims. The antiwar movement BEFORE we invaded Iraq, was not covered at all. PROOF that the left is ignored when it matters. Arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    PROOF that the left is ignored when it matters.
    Quoted for truth.

you guys are too much fun...
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Remeber when the big protests occurred in New York and other cities around the world? I looked forward to seeing the mass of humanity in pictures. Unfortunately, Time Magazine only had one small shot on something like page 20. I think Britney or some other infotainment product made the cover.

Even Brokaw, Jennings and Rather admitted that they didn't do enough to question the run up to war.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor.../con04315.html

-Jon Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston

Please!
    Brian : ok, to be "fair and balanced" i can provide example and war stories
    about the rest of the networks, but to be honest I'll be up all night. I worked for all 3 networks and have seen for myself how stories are covered and why. if you think Disney( ABC) viacom (CBS) , general electric( NBC) and time warner have your best interest in mind consider therapy. if you think a lifelong republican strategist( roger allies/ Tony moody of fox) are really given you accurate information consider a psychiatrist!
    check out this site: newsblues .com
    its a insider info site by/for in the industry its a subscription. but you can check out the headlines. its all of the crap about the industry that never never makes air.
    oh by the rupert murduch now wants to buy google!!

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike harper
    Brian : ok, to be "fair and balanced" i can provide example and war stories about the rest of the networks..
    Speaking of "war stories" a friend of mine is a TV editor. A couple decades back he was working at installing some new equipment at a TV station in Argentina (maybe Chile - it's been years since I heard him tell the story). One day the military marches in and takes over the station. He and his colleagues were not permitted to leave the station for days. They broadcasted what they were told to broadcast. The minute my friend was able to leave the station, he went straight to the airport - he even left his luggage at the hotel. Getting a flight out took another couple days. He survived though and made it home to the US.

If possible the powerful will influence the media through subtle means. If required, they will do what it takes to gain full control. The stakes are much bigger than what episode of Gilligan's Island will air next week. There are strong reasons that the founders included Freedom of the Press in the First Amendment of the Constitution.

-Jon Fairhurst

Maybe I live on another planet from the rest of you guys, but I recall hearing almost nothing but headlines about the huge protests both in the US and abroad. I don't see how they could have been covered much more without monopolizing the entire broadcast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Remeber when the big protests occurred in New York and other cities around the world? I looked forward to seeing the mass of humanity in pictures. Unfortunately, Time Magazine only had one small shot on something like page 20. I think Britney or some other infotainment product made the cover.

Even Brokaw, Jennings and Rather admitted that they didn't do enough to question the run up to war.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributor.../con04315.html

-Jon Fairhurst
    We were 250 000 at the protest in Montreal... The protests all around the world were fully covered in our medias, and we had images from everywhere... We couldn't understand why the protest in New-York was so small... But we understood when we saw all the cops around... Land of the free my [nss][nss][nss]...

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast