• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Anyone using Ultra Focus Yet?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Ultra Focus Yet?

Ultra Focus was brought up in the "Atmosphere vs Morphology" thread, but I thought I'd start a thread solely on discussing this plug-in.

So, has anyone bought it yet? And if so, is it all that it's cracked up to be?

Cool Re: Anyone using Ultra Focus Yet?

I am curious too. The specs looked impressive, however, the ONE mp3 demo, which took them FOREVER to post, kinda sucks.
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Re: Anyone using Ultra Focus Yet?

I've ordered it. Hopfully it will be in sometime this week. The dealer did not have it in stock.

There are some (unofficial) demos at KVR. Do a search in the Music Cafe forum.

I'll let you more when I know more!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I got it. Love it to death! A fine piece of work. My review should be up shortly on http://www.traxmusic.org as well.

Devon

Go devon Go

looking forward to a demo too

Hey guys,

Someone forwarded this forum post to me...so I'm new here. All I can say is that for $399.00 MSRP this is a helluva deal. You can't find a rack mountable synth for that price (unless you're buying an old used one)...plus there are plenty of presets to keep you busy for a good, long while. If you don't like the presets, it's very easy to make your own sounds. If I'm not mistaken, 8 Gigs makes UF the largest VI available on the market. Please correct me if I'm wrong...I certainly don't know everything. Having had the opportunity to play with it I can honestly say that this is one synth that I'll always have as part of my arsenal. (Even if my demos suck, Edward )

Some other VI's that I find invaluable are:

Trilogy, Atmosphere, Vanguard, Z3TA, Absynth, Albino, Pentagon, and Tassman4.

Time to buy a large drive that is exclusive to VI .dat files

Cheers,

-Midihead

I liked your demo very much actually.

May I ask what drums/percussion you used in it, it sounds very good!

looks interesting to me but I have very little confidence in USBSound's commitment to maintain a reliable authorization process.

looks interesting to me but I have very little confidence in USBSound's commitment to maintain a reliable authorization process.
    What does this mean?
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by panzerD
    I liked your demo very much actually.

May I ask what drums/percussion you used in it, it sounds very good!
    Thank you very much. It was a fun, 6 hours of work. If you go to the ILIO page, there's more information about the other sounds used in the song.

http://www.ilio.com/spotlight/?fromFlash=1

Drums and percussion were taken from Ethno Techno and Metamorphosis. FX sweeps and transitions were taken from Transfusion. I used exsisting lLIO libraries so as to make the ENTIRE track an ILIO demo. FYI ILIO distributes USB in the USA and Canada.

Cheers,

-Midihead

Go Back to forum