• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: CUE --- on spec for a flick I'm going for.

Share/Bookmark

CUE --- on spec for a flick I'm going for.

BLING

likey? No likey?

KID-

Re: CUE --- on spec for a flick I'm going for.

Definitly Likey!!!

Thumbs up Re: CUE --- on spec for a flick I'm going for.

Bling indeed - very well done!

I laughed, I cried, I played it over and over again...
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

This is a cool piece! I love it! GAROOOVAY!

Great work!

I love the multi layered texture you have created here, very warm and emotive. The subdued percussion, especially the ride cymbals create a great sense of movement and air in the mix.

Very inviting, and yes I listened a few times over again

Yes, it's one of the few pieces posted here that I have no problems with. It's just a cool piece, and it's different than what's usually posted here.

Smooth, Kid, very smooth. I like it too! Interesting textures and cool cymbal work. The only thing I would suggest (can't help it - I used to teach! ) is a modulation of key, about half-way. More, please... Oh yeah, it also makes me think a bit of some of the textures in the last Massive Attack (100th Window).

Likey...loved the open and the bubbly movement (just after)... I got a 60's psychedelia feel. And loved the ambient movements.

Just give us the name and phone number of your contact and I'll put in a good word.

Seriously though, what is expected of you here? Are you saying here are some themes and some sound beds that are indicative of what you think work for the concept?

I'd love to know.

Indeed, this is awesome. One might have their [nss][nss][nss] blown off.

I can also see a 100th Window element.

The textures are sweet. I love it.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by greatzed
    Yes, it's one of the few pieces posted here that I have no problems with. It's just a cool piece, and it's different than what's usually posted here.
    First, I like the piece a lot. So, "likely" most definitely.

But okay, I'll bite and try to give some constructive criticism. Without seeing the scene it is almost impossible though. The thing I'd ask would be is this scene fairly static? Like is it a long montage where people are riding through the Florida everglades looking for a lost boat? See the thing is that the piece is monotone in a way. So if nothing is changing dramatically in the scene, that is, it is all the same scene/emotion then fine. Otherwise, I'm wondering why something doesn't change. And I don't mean the addition/subtraction of rhythm or instruments or whatever. I mean a change in the direction somehow either harmonically or a big build up or whatever. The emotional arc of the piece if fairly level, so the scene probably is too?

John

Go Back to forum