• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: You're all so polite!

Share/Bookmark

Smile You're all so polite!

Can I just say what a pleasure these forums are? I'm actually not a terribly polite person myself and I browse some forums where rudeness is endemic. But it's really nice to be somewhere where eyebrows are raised if someone says something cutting. Ascerbic wit appears to be ok, which is good . Actually, it's a bit like being with Mrs Deadbeats family. They're a bit posher than me. I feel I have to be on my best behaviour there and here. And that's quite nice.
    I'll probably go back to CM in a mo and have a pointless argument with someone. Ho hum.

Cool Re: You're all so polite!

There was a guy that said something funny about the types of posts he was reading in another forum - regarding Scholz and his Rocktron portable electric guitar amplifier. Everyone was bashing the daylights out of the Rocktron - and he posted "Gee fellas, now I have to go get one of these things and try it out just to piss myself off!" I think I laughed for a couple of days afterward - not only for the comment, but also the fact that it flew right over everyone's head. Anyway, this place is quite nice with a lot of knowledgable folks - not the least of which are the good folks at Garritan. Having a killer app that stands up well under real use tends to elevate the conversation naturally.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Wink Re: You're all so polite!

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat
    Can I just say what a pleasure these forums are? I'm actually not a terribly polite person myself and I browse some forums where rudeness is endemic. But it's really nice to be somewhere where eyebrows are raised if someone says something cutting. Ascerbic wit appears to be ok, which is good . Actually, it's a bit like being with Mrs Deadbeats family. They're a bit posher than me. I feel I have to be on my best behaviour there and here. And that's quite nice.
    I'll probably go back to CM in a mo and have a pointless argument with someone. Ho hum.
    Will someone please pick a fight with Deadbeat

Re: You're all so polite!

Yeah, you just come on down to my van down by the river and me and Alan will show you what this forum is all about. Don't make me get all thugged out on your [nss][nss][nss][nss][nss].

I am new here as well DeadBeat and also suprised by the politeness of everyone

But sometimes i wonder : is it possible in real life for so many musicians to get together and be polite with eachother ?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Everyone is polite, until someone says something that isn't considered polite. There's a very thin line between being rude and being polite around here. You'll learn that quickly, I think.

Don't ever say anything that may reflect on your personality.
    Styxx

Any one ever notice that Styxx joined in March of this year and already has 1,365 posts and counting? Do you work for a living styxx? Hahahaha

Garritan has been a member for 4 years and your only 300 posts behind him.
    I'm still in my first hundred after a year.

Just a funny observation. If I were from an other forum I would have turned this into a rude post. But I'm not! I've been enjoying this group of people for over a year and have only seen about 2 weeks worth of people who could'nt get along.

Styxx I love your posts and humor, keep em coming.

Take care every one and keep writing great music.
    88fingers
    (The Nut )

www.waveav8.com

Shhhighst! Never noticed. But that girl in the middle....now there's a....wait, that's no girl....

Work? What the heck is that? I am independently wealthy! All my money is owned by independently debtors.
    I am Elmer J. Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht. Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting Kontakt! Eheheheheh.
    Styxx

Cool Re: You're all so polite!

Quote Originally Posted by greatzed
    Everyone is polite, until someone says something that isn't considered polite. There's a very thin line between being rude and being polite around here. You'll learn that quickly, I think.
    Most people here also know how to ignore troll-baits...

This forum is the living emblem that you can treat others as you expect to be treated, and make the world a better place for it.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Go Back to forum