• Register
  • Help

Topic: dp4 and gpo

Share/Bookmark

dp4 and gpo

I have dp4 and I heard that some people were able to use gpo with dp4

questions?

1) If so, what wrapper are u using since dp4 does not support vst
    2) do you have the full functionality of gpo or a limited feature set because of dp4's lack of direct support for vst?
    3) does it function as a regular plugin like mach five?

In other words, are all of the features of gpo available in dp4 - if you are using a wrapper?

thanks,

Thumbs up Re: dp4 and gpo

I see that this is your first post. Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum.

Now let me answer your questions. GPO is fully functional with DP4. There are a number of us on this forum who use GPO with DP. GPO uses the Kontakt player, which is included in the price, as its host. While it will work with the full version of Kontakt, v.1.5, it will not work with MachFive and the GPO samples canÕt be converted to that format. The Kontakt player comes in a number of flavors but I feel the AU version works best with DP.

To use GPO you simply create an instrument track with Garritan Personal Orchestra as your instrument, as you would MachFive or any other virtual instrument. The Kontakt Player window will open and you can start selecting your instruments and MIDI channels for them. Then back in your Tracks window, create MIDI tracks for your instruments and you are off and running.

As for VST wrappers, I use the AudioEse wrapper for other plugs with good results. I have not found the need to try it with GPO since GPO runs perfectly as an AU.

If you have any other questions, donÕt be shy. WeÕre glad to help in any way we can.

Again, welcome, and if you have not purchased GPO yet, and if you do, you are in for some great musical experiences.

Karl

Re: dp4 and gpo

Gary recently posted some tutorials I prepared on using GPO with DP4:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-DigitalPerformerPage.html

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    I see that this is your first post. Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum.

Now let me answer your questions. GPO is fully functional with DP4. There are a number of us on this forum who use GPO with DP. GPO uses the Kontakt player, which is included in the price, as its host. While it will work with the full version of Kontakt, v.1.5, it will not work with MachFive and the GPO samples canÕt be converted to that format. The Kontakt player comes in a number of flavors but I feel the AU version works best with DP.

To use GPO you simply create an instrument track with Garritan Personal Orchestra as your instrument, as you would MachFive or any other virtual instrument. The Kontakt Player window will open and you can start selecting your instruments and MIDI channels for them. Then back in your Tracks window, create MIDI tracks for your instruments and you are off and running.

As for VST wrappers, I use the AudioEse wrapper for other plugs with good results. I have not found the need to try it with GPO since GPO runs perfectly as an AU.

If you have any other questions, donÕt be shy. WeÕre glad to help in any way we can.

Again, welcome, and if you have not purchased GPO yet, and if you do, you are in for some great musical experiences.

Karl
    Thanks for thisvery helpful response. Is the Orchestral String option fully functional with DP4? How does it work?

Welcome to the forum.

Karl did a great job in answering your questions. As Karl pointed out, GPO will work as an audio Units plug-in in DP 4.11/4.12 and no wrapper is required.

Orchestral Strings is a different animal. It was designed for GigaStudio which is a PC product. Some have had great success in converting GOS to other formats, but I have not heard of anyone using it with Mach5. It is my understanding that disc streaming (required for GOS) has only recently been implemented in Mach5.

Hope this helps,

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by bmonroney
    Gary recently posted some tutorials I prepared on using GPO with DP4:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-DigitalPerformerPage.html

Brian
    Yes, Brian did an excellent tutorial on using GPO with DP. He also prepared some DP Project files for using GPO. Check the GPO-DP page.

Thanks Brian!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum