• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio Questions

I've done some composition with Sibelius and always use GPO Studio to play it back successfully, now I want to export a .wav file to work on in Cubase SX, but I'm unsure as to how to do that. I've tried the "Save as Audio Track" function, but it gave me a message about setting up Kontakt player, so I followed the instructions and went to Window > Kontakt Player (Which is only un-greyed when Sib 3 is first started before any scores are loaded), when I click that, nothing at all happens.

If somebody can help me through or around this, I'd be really grateful! TIA!

P.S. Oh, and if there's a way to use the GPO Ambience Reverbs in Cubase, I'd love to know how.

P.S. #2: ...and I can't for the life of me change the volume of instruments coming through GPO Studio in any program whether it be Sibelius or Cubase or whatever. I've tried changing the mod wheel, setting C1 controls, moving various mixer volumes...

Re: Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sorahiko
    I've done some composition with Sibelius and always use GPO Studio to play it back successfully, now I want to export a .wav file to work on in Cubase SX, but I'm unsure as to how to do that. I've tried the "Save as Audio Track" function, but it gave me a message about setting up Kontakt player, so I followed the instructions and went to Window > Kontakt Player (Which is only un-greyed when Sib 3 is first started before any scores are loaded), when I click that, nothing at all happens.

P.S. Oh, and if there's a way to use the GPO Ambience Reverbs in Cubase, I'd love to know how.

P.S. #2: ...and I can't for the life of me change the volume of instruments coming through GPO Studio in any program whether it be Sibelius or Cubase or whatever. I've tried changing the mod wheel, setting C1 controls, moving various mixer volumes...

Only way I know of to generate a WAV file from a Sibelius score is to save the file as MIDI, open it with a sequencer that can export it as audio..From Sibelius, the only direct Save As audio possibility is with Kontakt Silver or Gold. This presents no problems to me, as I don't use Sibelius much for this function, as my current primary use of GPO is pipe organ, which requires plenty of doubling to simulate stop pulling. You only want three staves for the score, but I usually have 5 or more.

You can set the volume by using the volume knob on the appropriate slot and player of GPO Studio.

When you have set the ambience controls in GPO Studio, they should work with whatever program you are using GPO with. Mostly, I use Sonar 2.2, with no problems.

richardw

Re: Sibelius 3 and GPO Studio Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Sorahiko

Sorahiko - One way to record a .wav file from Sibelius (using GPO Studio) is
    to use the 'Record' button on the new GPO Studio ( available at
    PC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.zip ).
    You can hit the record butting in GPO Studio, then play your piece with
    Sibelius; when the piece is finished, hit the record button in GPO Studio
    again (maybe twice) until you see a 'Stop' button. Press that to stop recording. I believe that GPO Studio 1.2 is a beta version, but has worked
    quite well for me.

Good Luck,

David

Go Back to forum