• Register
  • Help

Topic: Global Warming is a Racist

Share/Bookmark

Global Warming is a Racist

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    The Congressional Black Caucus just released a study that claims global warming will have a larger impact on blacks while also claiming that blacks contribute less to global warming.

“While the impact of climate change is global, the effects are not spread evenly across the world. Instead, climate change is likely to impact people who are members of various socioeconomic and racial groups, differently.”

"The most direct health effect of climate change will be intensifying heat waves that selectively impact poor and urban populations."

Damn it. There onto us.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Re: Global Warming is a Racist

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    The Congressional Black Caucus just released a study that claims global warming will have a larger impact on blacks while also claiming that blacks contribute less to global warming.

“While the impact of climate change is global, the effects are not spread evenly across the world. Instead, climate change is likely to impact people who are members of various socioeconomic and racial groups, differently.”

"The most direct health effect of climate change will be intensifying heat waves that selectively impact poor and urban populations."

Damn it. There onto us.
    Heat waves are now selective?

amazing but this article is a perfect indication of what i was saying in my post, here we have it in a nutshell, a global minority, that is the main cuase of the the imbalance in the first place, but yet the study reduces its findings to Americans and members within its own borders , yet we as a global community are all involved, no mention of what this means to anybody else in our planet,

Then again, if the climate does a double take and switches from the big melt to the big freeze, us white folk up here in the tundra will be mighty cold. Real estate in the equatorial zone could be the hot investment!

-Jon Fairhurst

This actually brings up an interesting topic. Our damage to the environment DOES hurt minorities more than anyone else. Poor minorities live in the most polluted industrial areas, next to factories or toxic farmland. Minorities test very high for pesticides and toxic agents. And because minorities have little, they pollute and consume less. This is all irrefutable fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Minorities test very high for pesticides and toxic agents.
    I don't necessarily doubt you, but I'd like to see some proof of this before I buy it.

And because minorities have little, they pollute and consume less. This is all irrefutable fact.
    Then why are some of the most polluted cities in the world the poorest? Ever been to Mexico City?

Quote Originally Posted by glennm01
    I don't necessarily doubt you, but I'd like to see some proof of this before I buy it.

-------------------------------
    I heard this on a one hour NPR show about bloodtests. minorities were on average 4 to 10 times more polluted than whites in the same cities.
    ---------------------------

Then why are some of the most polluted cities in the world the poorest? Ever been to Mexico City?
    ------------------------
    They pollute and consume less, the factories pollute while making products for the rich and middle class. the products are taken into the nice neighborhoods. the waste is left behind for the poor to enjoy. What happens in general, is that land in industrial polluted areas loses it's value, because people don't want to live there. poor people end up there because they have no choice. Rich people live at the beach like me and when someone wants to build a factory or bus in some inner city kids, we say "not in my backyard."

I heard this on a one hour NPR show about bloodtests. minorities were on average 4 to 10 times more polluted than whites in the same cities.
    In the same cities? That doesn’t make sense. The same cities should have the same water supply, etc.

Anyway, Global Warming is a farce. There is very little evidence for any substantial warming, and even less that mankind is responsible. Don’t believe me? Look at the temperature record yourself:
    http://www.john-daly.com/stations/stations.htm

The satellite data corroborates this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Wright
    In the same cities? That doesn’t make sense. The same cities should have the same water supply, etc.

Anyway, Global Warming is a farce. There is very little evidence for any substantial warming, and even less that mankind is responsible. Don’t believe me? Look at the temperature record yourself:
    http://www.john-daly.com/stations/stations.htm

The satellite data corroborates this.

The pollution of the blood has alot to do with the cheap pesticide ridden foods that people are eating and it has to do with the air breathed. The air in LA is far worse inland in the poor neighborhoods than it is at the beach. Also if you live next to a factory, you might be exposed to some nasty things. Then there is the problem of the workplace. Farm workers in california are exposed to mammoth amounts of pesticides and fertilizers. Then there are the pre-fab classrooms that leach huge amounts of formaldehyde. Another blessing for the poor.

Global Warming is not a farce. I randomly looked at 10 of this guys graphs and they all showed slight to more severe warming. It's a cumalitive effect and will worsen more rapidly. This guy also tries to say that the nuclear scare is unfounded as well. I also love his photo. The one where you can't see whether a wave is on it's way out or whether the sea is calm. Can't really blame him, though. He lives in the middle of nowhere. Pollution probably seems like a joke to him.

Okay, which 10 of the graphs did you look at? I've looked at probably 20 or 30 of them and found no upward trend in any of them.

Go Back to forum