• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Gladiator Dance"...(I hope improved)

Share/Bookmark

"Gladiator Dance"...(I hope improved)

Hello everyone.
    Do you remember my second piece with GPO,"Gladiator Dance"?
    Well, I have tried to improve it,thanks to your precious councils.
    I have worked on dynamics and the volumes,panning,crescendo and decrescendo.

List sounds:

.Basses short bows
    .Basses lush
    .Cellos short bowes
    .Cellos sus + short
    .Cellos lush
    .Violas lush
    .Vlns2 lush
    .Vlns1 lush
    .Vlns1 sus + short
    .Fhorn overlay ff
    .Fhorn overlay f
    .Bass drum
    .Snares
    .Cymbals
    .Basic orch perc combo
    .Tubular bells
    .Chromatic Harp 1

Sample rate: 44.100 hz
    Bit-depth: 16 bit stereo
    File size:2,19 Mb

http://zelazowa.altervista.org/

I attend your opinion.

Thanks to all.

Ciao!

Maurizio
    Music is love in to my life
    Historiated Majolicals of Gubbio

Re: "Gladiator Dance"...(I hope improved)

One thing I did notice is you captured that overblown sound on the F horns very well in the opening, but I feel some times the release is too abrupt, nonetheless that was neat and I never tried to achieve that sound yet. This was a big improvement over your last version. I might suggest varying the velocities on the strings and other instruments just slightly. I dont know what sequencer you use but on Sonar im sure if you dont like to draw by hand(I do) there is a cal I think that lets you random vary the velocities from huge variation to small. I have not tried that method yet but im sure that would work to.

Thanks for showing this
    Nicole Davis

This is a very nice improvement over the first version. It's very coherent and has a strong sense of direction and good melodic material. The website is much easier to use now, too!

The one part that sounded synthy and distracting was the downward string lines that come periodically. There's nothing wrong with them musically, they just sound synthetic the way they are played back. Maybe have a solo violin play it? It's a good piece and you've made nice improvements.

Thank you very much,Nicole,Error.
    For a Nurse as me,to find time to improve is very difficult.
    So I'm very happy,for me but also for you that find the time and patience for listen to me. :-)
    By... by...
    Maurizio

I agree, this version is much improved over the original. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm lucky to find a few hours a day to tinker with GPO. To bad tinkering doesn't pay or I'd stay home all day and just mess with my music. Great job all around, I say.

There are other comments?

It has some good melodic ideas, but it sounds strangely synthy. Which is odd. GPO is pretty realistic without doing much tweaking. I wouldn't actually have recoginsed this as GPO. Have you got some fx on there? Compression or something?
    I'm new to this myself, but this has the feeling of some nice ideas not quite realised. Maybe you could post the midi file?
    Regards
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by deadbeat
    It has some good melodic ideas, but it sounds strangely synthy. Which is odd. GPO is pretty realistic without doing much tweaking. I wouldn't actually have recoginsed this as GPO. Have you got some fx on there? Compression or something?
    I'm new to this myself, but this has the feeling of some nice ideas not quite realised. Maybe you could post the midi file?
    Regards
    DB
    Is odd to feel me to tell,that a pieces make completely with GPO,and with a lot of commitment, -has- -sounds- -strangely- -synthy-...mah...I believe it is for to exploit,since I haven't utilized no synthesizer module.
    It's very odd and paradoxical since I have spold 249 euro,hard work,dedication,and than to feel me to tell,that all it is synthetic...incredible.
    I am not in tune with this type of critic,to exploit and nauseating doubtful.
    I prefer to feel to say,this pieces no very well,rather than "thes sounds are synthetics etc etc"....

However,for to remove the scepticism about the origin sounds of Gladiator Dance,here there's file *.all.

Good reality GPO

http://zelazowa.altervista.org/

It's difficult for you Zelazowa with the language difficulty but I think you are taking peoples comments (not criticism) too seriously. Please appreciate that it takes time to listen to demos and then type out opinions.....it isn't done lightly.....so it's well meant.

Always remember that it's only people's opinions....Ask 1000 people and you will get a couple of hundred opinions.

The only safe way not to take some constructive (or otherwise) comments is not to publish it at all and just assume that everyone will like it.

The greatest creative endeavours in the world (and music is certainly only one of many) are always criticized by some. That's people for you.....One man's meat is another man's vegetarian.

Frank

Sounds really good to me , the sounds -are- realistic but the production and reverberation ( or lack of it ) is muffling up the final output a bit .

The brass should be a little bit lower , like - 3 Db .
    The lower strings -seem- to be panned 127 to the right ( cello/basses) and the first strings sound like they are panned all the way 0 to the left which in my oppinion takes a lot away from the stereo image and is a bit unnatural.

I listened to it with headphones , maybe when you listen to it through speakers perfect panning would not be so important.

-Try positioning your self a bit more in the back of the orchestral hall- when producing , the way this song is recorded it sounds is as if you are a maestro listening to the orchestra directly in front of it ( larger panning ) , people are not used to listening to an orchestra from that position . Pointier triangle, better pan :P

Try setting the strings to 100 and 27 ( high / low strings ) , turn down the brass a little and add a bit more reverb so all the sounds blend together better .

Well those are my personal suggestions , don't take my word for it though, i am not a pro

Orchestra Image
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast