• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Oh, and one more lose end...

Share/Bookmark

Red face Oh, and one more lose end...

I still cannot install GOS lite. I thought Kontakt 1.5 was the answer.
    Styxx

Re: Oh, and one more lose end...

Worry not my bud!!!

I'll fix you up. See your Kontakt thread.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Refresh my memory, did this CD have an installation program or was it an archived file or just gig files sitting there? Have you tried just grabbing the file with the mouse and dragging it to where you want it to go on your computer? Try that.

Red face Re: Oh, and one more lose end...

So Kontakt 1.5 imports Giga? I originally imported GOS/Lite on HALion 2 with little or no probs.

KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Refresh my memory, did this CD have an installation program or was it an archived file or just gig files sitting there? Have you tried just grabbing the file with the mouse and dragging it to where you want it to go on your computer? Try that.
    Tried, no can do.
    Styxx

What's the error message again?

Not a Windows Media File whatever that means. Maybe it's just that I have no clue as to where to move the files. I am getting more confused the more I try.
    Styxx

That sounds like windows is trying to open the file instead of trying to move it or it sounds like your CD is trying to autoplay it as a music file. Go into my computer, right click on your CD drive, then click on explore. Look in the CD folder for the GOS files. Decide where you want to put them on your computer. If you have a seperate drive for these files, open the drive, then just click on the files in the CD and drag them to the destination drive. Hope that makes sense. I really believe the autoplay is the problem. Another way is to turn off autoplay. Right click on the CD drive in my computer and there should be an option there to turn autoplay off. There is an autoplay tab, then click on the option at the bottom that says always prompt me each time to choose an action. This will save you a lot of heartache.

Styxx,

Follow what Mr. Burrell posted above, then in Kontakt's navigation simply go to the folder you copied the files to and double-click the instrument patches you wish to open. Kontakt will open them flawlessly and ask you where you want to save the Kontakt version. Start a new folder on your HD called "GOS Kontakt" and save them in there.

In the future then go to your "GOS Kontakt" folder to open the instruments.

Good luck.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

That's it Mr. Burrell! Auto play is disabled and I am able to open explore. I will follow Alan's directions as well later today. Now, I must run off to the new studio and check in some hardware.
    Thanks guys and be sure that I will keep you posted. Remember, this is half a brain we're dealing with here!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum