• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little fun piece for the GPO organ

Share/Bookmark

Smile A little fun piece for the GPO organ

Here is a little piece I made for the GPO organ. It was a bit tricky to do, but a lot of fun. Hope you have fun listening to it.

Thanks

http://www.thecatcottage.com/Orgelstueck.mp3

Re: A little fun piece for the GPO organ

I really enjoyed that Louis....always a sucker for an organ....cleverly interwoven piece. Et het ook by Suid Afrika bly vir ag jaar....dan ek het a 'runner' gedoen na Engeland!! Ek het die skrif op die muur gesien!

Pietermaritzberg...a lovely part of the world. Taiwan must be a very exciting country to live in.

Apologies for the crude Afrikaans but its been twenty years! There is another who visits this site who 'praats die taal' and now lives in the USA.....Unfortunately I forget his name. He always ends his post Baie Dankie!

I look forward to hearing more.

Frank

I am very impressed !

That song is one of the best i have heard lately ( if not THE best ) . I believe it would be already a classic if it was written about 300 years ago

The intro makes you wait for something very good, and the good part does come ! I love the way the song changes all the time and does not rely on only one or two melodies as i am used to hearing all the time.Lots of work and love went into this one .

Maybe the outro could have been made a bit more "big" so the final taste you get from the song is more powerful .

I'd love to hear more of your stuff as it is very truly inspired and deep composed .

By the way : I visited your site to listen to more of your stuff and i had problems signing the guestbook , you might want to fix that

Good luck in the future, you deserve it
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    <SNIP>
    Apologies for the crude Afrikaans but its been twenty years! There is another who visits this site who 'praats die taal' and now lives in the USA.....
    <SNIP>
    Hey, I may not "praat die taal" but I can surely "het verstaan" Anyway, Louis, I really enjoyed this piece. To echo some others, you seem so wonderfully inspired; well done!

Quote Originally Posted by PianoMan
    Hey, I may not "praat die taal" but I can surely "het verstaan" Anyway, Louis, I really enjoyed this piece. To echo some others, you seem so wonderfully inspired; well done!
    WOW - this really sounds wonderful. VERY polished!!!! You've acheived a realism I can aspire to.

Jerry Wickham

Thumbs up Re: A little fun piece for the GPO organ

Louis,

Most excellent! Very well written, orchestrated and mixed. I like your use of the organ stops and how you blended the organ with the rest of the orchestra.

I appreciate the mention on your website (and good to be in the company of such a nice cat)

Thank you for posting this. Would you mind if I post this on the GPO site? I am looking forward to hearing more of your music.

Gary Garritan

Thanks again for the inspiring comments, makes me feel like I'm moving forward. I sometimes feel very frustrated simply because I lack the experience and know-how in the use of samples and complicated mixing software.

But the whole point of music is to communicate with others, and that's why I stick my neck out every time I completed a piece, by posting it here, where there some incredibly talented and gifted composers. If only one person liked my music, I would be satisfied in reaching my goal. So all of your comments mean a lot to me.

Thanks again.

PS: All the Afrikaans comments gave me rather big shock, I didn't expect to see even snippets of the language in this forum. I'm pleasantly surprised. Yes, we are members of the ever growing Afrikaans Diaspora, scattered across the globe. Here in the concrete jungle of Taipei, the open plains of Africa is but a vague and disappearing memory...

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    I sometimes feel very frustrated simply because I lack the experience and know-how in the use of samples and complicated mixing software.
    Louis,

Just to let you know that we all feel this way at times, but you have nothing to be worried about. This is a fine piece of music and you scored and mixed it well. Even the most experienced among us is still learning. ItÕs practically impossible for someone to master all the skills to write, score, perform, produce and engineer his/her music. We all started somewhere, and we all learn with each new project.

Are you familiar with Joseph JoncenÕs Symphonie Concertante? This is one my favorite organ/orchestral works. If you have not heard it I would urge you to give it a listen. It will surely inspire you to even greater heights with this scoring combination.

Again, Louis, a very nice piece.

Karl

Louis you did it again. I honestly didn't see how you'd top the Woodwind Quintet that you posted a while back, but this is right up there with it. Definitely one for the rotation list.

Go Back to forum