• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Developers Alert: More Piracy Found

Share/Bookmark

Developers Alert: More Piracy Found

Please email me for links:

azreal@lostandlonging.com

On top of recent events, this directly affects most of you.

This post not intended to start anything, no response necessary. Developer emails only please.

Re: Developers Alert: More Piracy Found

I always find this type of self-righteous snitch vigilante wannabe activity simply odious. Developers are big boys, they are not idiots and believe me, you don't know anything that they don't already know.

Above all, if this is meant only for developers, why do you post in a public forum? They all have accessible e-mails through their web site. If you feel it's your civic duty to inform them of illegal activity that you might have uncovered, have the common sense of doing it in a private manner either through e-mail or personal message.

Just my $.02 of course.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Mostly because I don't have time to search for each and every one of their emails and some exist that I'm not aware of I'm sure. Say what you want, and if they don't care or think I'm wasting precious forum space, well, that's fine as well. I don't see where this concerns you at all. They moan and groan about piracy, well, this concerns them. This isn't meant to turn into a free for all. Sorry to bother you mister midphase, that wasn't the intention. Self righteous I may be.

Midphase,

Respect your fellow NS member. Geesh!!

Don't insult they guy for wanting to help. Believe it or not - this piracy stuff does hurt smaller developers and I for one applaud Joseph.

My 2 cents.
    BTW, do you read your PM's Mid?
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

I absolutely APPLAUD this kind of action. If each and every one of us would shine 100,000 watts of light on every instance of sampleware piracy we encounter, then that effort would make a huge difference.

If not us, then who? We are probably the largest organized group of sampleware users in the world. This group can help be the eyes and ears of our producer friends, and we CAN make a difference.

So, again, much applause to Joseph. And much applause to young FireGS, who not only reported but OUTED a scumbag thief, so that the intellectual property holders can take action.

There is most certainly nothing wrong with any individual wanting to report piracy or turn in the thieves. Believing that the developers will take care of it themselves without any help and that everyone else should mind their own business is pretty naive. Anyone who buys these libraries has a huge stake in this.

Usually that type of post on a public forum to me smells of the type of person who doesn't much care about the actual message of the post as much as all the accolades that he/she gets from guys like yourselves. Maybe I'm wrong?

Secondly, I just feel that this type of thing quickly turns into witch hunts and behaviour that although on paper looks very right, in reality affects society in very detrimental ways.

Thirdly, Mr Bela, yes, I do read my PM's, I have them set-up to automatically be forwarded to my actual e-mail. I'm sorry if piracy affects smaller developers more. I generally find that it's the small guys that tend to complain more about it (I don't actually recall any of the bigger guys making much mention of the issue). This makes me wonder if their earning expectations are simply out of wack and they are blaming their less than optimal revenues on piracy. I am of course not saying that this does not happen, but perhaps it doesn't affect you nearly as much as you think?

Hey, I'm just speaking my mind as a public forum should allow. I'm one of the good guys, I do buy my stuff and I do encourage people around me to do the same. Then again if my friend Bob who is a construction worker during the day, and likes to mess around with music in the evenings just for fun and has no ambitions of ever making a living or earning money with his music, has an unregistered copy of ... I am certainly not going to turn him in! I simply don't feel he is hurting anybody, his generally money goes to other more pressing financial demands and he's simply not ever going to be a potential client. The best that you can hope for is that eventually he will enjoy this past time so much, and want a certain product that he'll actually go out and buy it.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

"This makes me wonder if their earning expectations are simply out of wack and they are blaming their less than optimal revenues on piracy." - LMAO!!

By the way... the developer is not the lone victim of piracy. The retailer loses money as well.
    I am certain that you would not wish for a post house to needle drop your score onto a major documentary and a) not ask your permission and b) not send you a check.

"Hey, I'm just speaking my mind as a public forum should allow"

As was Joseph.

PM's - I sent one to you a few days ago. Never heard back. That's why I ask. No big deal.

Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Sorry, but I have to agree with Midphase...copy and sharing is a new marketing issue in the actual economic scenario.

The latter most companies understand that thing, the more they'll loose.
    Don't hunt for pirates, maximize the sales to ALL potential legal customers, with a better service, more reasonable prices, lot and customized buying options and delivering methods...
    You'll loose 10 and earn 50.

Let the people who love buying rights for using a library (as I can consider myself) have them easy, at now it's not so easy, expecially worldwide.

my 2 cents

Luca

Go Back to forum