• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Organ: minor problems

Share/Bookmark

GPO Organ: minor problems

Here are some sample problems in GPO.

The F below the mid C in Baroque Plenum Pedal Organ stops after cca 3 seconds, instead of continuing to play as long as the key is held (the rest of the instrument doesn\'t have this problem.)

On the same instrument the B a ninth below mid C, and its neighbors starts late.

Re: GPO Organ: minor problems

[ QUOTE ]
    The F below the mid C in Baroque Plenum Pedal Organ stops after cca 3 seconds, instead of continuing to play as long as the key is held (the rest of the instrument doesn\'t have this problem.)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep...same here. Sounds like it\'s not looping.

[ QUOTE ]
    On the same instrument the B a ninth below mid C, and its neighbors starts late.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I verify this as well on the octave below middle c and and the ninth (b). Sounds like part of a layered sound is delayed a fraction of a second.

PM Gary on this so they can fix it before the update comes out!

I too just checked, and there is certainly no looping on the notes you mentioned, BUT, the lower notes that have a late attack are really not late. If you listen closely, the notes do start immediately with the strike of a key. With pipe organs, the very moment a key is played, there is an upper harmonic that is heard first, then the fundamental finally comes out. This phenomenon is mostly noticed with the larger (lower) bass pipes. The lower the note, the longer it takes before the pipe is actually filled with air, and the actual note is produced. I have played (as well as I could) a few pipe organs, and you want to talk latency,,,,holy cow! I could never play any of the big organs in cathedrals. The annoying clicking of the keys right in front of me was not even close to being in time with the sound coming from the pipes. I say all that to say this...., the delay you hear on these notes in question is indeed wrong IMO, compared to the other samples above and below it. Since all these samples should be from the same rank of pipes, only a boo boo in the editing of the samples to remove this common harmonic explains what is being heard. Removing the harmonic is removing a big part of the pipe organ sound, but the delay would make playing these sounds from a midi keyboard almost annoying
    That\'s my thinking,,,

Go Back to forum