• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stylus RMX and Existing Spectrasonics Groove Control Libraries for Eric Persing

Share/Bookmark

Stylus RMX and Existing Spectrasonics Groove Control Libraries for Eric Persing

Hi there Eric,

One of the features of your upcoming Stylus RMX that looks very interesting is the fact we can use existing Groove Control libraries with it. It will really help workflow to be able to (hopefully) quickly audition loops from different libraries, then pull them all together in one product. Don't know if you want to talk much about Stylus RMX at the moment, but if its possible I wonder if you can shed some light on how Stylus RMX will work with existing Groove Control libraries like 'Liquid Grooves' or 'Backbeat'?

I have Liquid Grooves in Akai format, 'Metamorphosis' in Giga format.............both then translated into Halion format. How will these be useable in Stylus RMX? Will it have its own translator to get from Giga format to 'Stylus RMX' format say, or will it be the case that we get a crossgrade from other sample formats to a new 'Stylus RMX' format through Spectrasonics?

I know I know, I should just be patient. I was just giving some thought to buying another of your Groove Control libraries, and wondered whether it would affect me to 'buy now', or 'wait and see' in terms of how it will work with Stylus RMX.

Steve

Re: Stylus RMX and Existing Spectrasonics Groove Control Libraries for Eric Persing

Yeah...this is an EXTREMELY cool thing and makes every Groove Control library you've got about 1000% more useful than they already are.

Really simple how it works. Stylus RMX comes with a super simple utility application that does a one-time conversion of your original Groove Control CD-ROMs directly into SAGE format. It's really easy to use too...One button, stick in the discs...DONE!

When the process is finished, NO tweaking is necessary! All the directories are beautifully renamed, reorganized and all the new SAGE capabilities are super-imposed on top of the original Groove Control files....it's pretty killer. No one has ever done anything like this, so it's not like any converter that you've used before. Usually, information gets lost in translation....in this case, it gets smarter and heavily tweaked during the process!

Existing Groove Control customers will be very happy campers indeed!

:-)

spectrum

Re: Stylus RMX and Existing Spectrasonics Groove Control Libraries for Eric Persing

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    On a side note, I have a technical question? when dragging midi files for groove control into DP every thing works fine. When i do it in Logic, Logic just shuts down. The only way I am able to get this to work is by opening up 2 logic sessions and then drag....a royal pain.
    That shouldn't be happening at all. Logic drag and drop of MIDI Files is really cool and works perfectly. Sounds like you may have a corrupted Logic Pref maybe?

Try calling tech support about it.

info@spectrasonics.net
    818-955-8444

spectrum

Does the "Convert Groove Control" function work with all GC libraries, including those by ILIO (e.g. Skippy's Big Bad Beats)?

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Yeah...this is an EXTREMELY cool thing and makes every Groove Control library you've got about 1000% more useful than they already are.

Really simple how it works. Stylus RMX comes with a super simple utility application that does a one-time conversion of your original Groove Control CD-ROMs directly into SAGE format. It's really easy to use too...One button, stick in the discs...DONE!

When the process is finished, NO tweaking is necessary! All the directories are beautifully renamed, reorganized and all the new SAGE capabilities are super-imposed on top of the original Groove Control files....it's pretty killer. No one has ever done anything like this, so it's not like any converter that you've used before. Usually, information gets lost in translation....in this case, it gets smarter and heavily tweaked during the process!

Existing Groove Control customers will be very happy campers indeed!

:-)

spectrum
    Thanks for the news. I'd have probably had a few follow up questions, but it seems you've thought of everything Yaaaaay!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Does the "Convert Groove Control" function work with all GC libraries, including those by ILIO (e.g. Skippy's Big Bad Beats)?
    That's a good question. How about 'Ethno Techno'? That's an ILIO library too I think.

Steve

That's exactly right Sharmy.

All the ILIO Groove Control titles will work as well as the Spectrasonics Groove Control titles.

Via ReCycle, you'll be able to use any other audio loop you want to try in Stylus RMX too.

Of course, the highest quality and most consistent results will come from the Groove Control titles....since they are heavily pre-tweaked for this type of control and manipulation. Results with Rex files depends a lot on the material and especially the skill of the person who did the Rex file editing....and this varies quite a bit, even between commercial REX file libraries. There is no independant body that approves REX file quality like there is for Groove Control libraries. It's one of the main differences between a REX library and a Groove Control library, even though they use a similar concept and technology.

spectrum

Thanks for the info. Spectrum and Sharmy. I'm REALLY looking forward to this one!

Steve

Go Back to forum