• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Snare ensembles?

Share/Bookmark

Snare ensembles?

Okay, has anyone tried to do this with GPO? I messed around last night slightly detuning a few instances of the snare samples and got reasonable results. The only problem is that it still seems to phase and I just didn't get the ensemble sound that I was looking for. I did pan the sections as well. The only other thing I can come up with is to slightly offset the notes in the score for each voice, but this is difficult to do in Overture. Just thought I'd quiz you guys to see how you would handle this scenario until Gary releases his 15 player snare ensemble patches in the Percussion for Madmen update later this year.

Re: Snare ensembles?

Hi JB!

Yea. Slight to moderate detuning combined with offset in ticks for each new "drum" would be the ticket (until the snare ens). If you have the function to adjust the start time of each track, offset them by 11 ticks or so for each one (maybe less).

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thanks I'll look into this when my head isn't going to explode like it is right now. See, I knew I was asking the right people. I may have to just deal with the phasing in Overture and adjust the 'ticks' in Cubase when I go to do the final mix.

Ye gods, I just realized that I'm exceeding the permissable limits on posting in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Ye gods, I just realized that I'm exceeding the permissable limits on posting in one night.
    LOL!!!
    Your post are always helpful and welcome JB!!!
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Hey 2112!
    I have the same GPO lawnmower! I can get my front and back lawn done at the same time if I load 2 instances of GPO. Pretty cool.

Hey JB,
    Why didn't you ask me to send you some recordings of several snare drums and various pitch tunings?
    Styxx

Well heck, I can't do anything right. Sniff, sniff.

Besides my inquery made for interesting conversation so that's gotta count for something.

Well heck, I can't do anything right. Sniff, sniff.
    Yeah sure...that's why I make a point of reading your threads for help!
    Styxx

have you tried also different EQ and maybe some little effect (saturation, overdrive...) to each separate track?

Just thought I'd quiz you guys to see how you would handle this scenario until Gary releases his 15 player snare ensemble patches in the Percussion for Madmen update later this year.
    A snare ensemble/marching battery is a good idea for an add-on.

Go Back to forum