• Register
  • Help

Topic: Delay the elections? They've gotta be kidding!

Share/Bookmark

Delay the elections? They've gotta be kidding!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Delay the elections?..err...

I think it may be prudent at this point to wonder if the military is going to stand by and let this crap happen.
    Umm... do we take to the streets now?....
    Confused.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Delay the elections? They've gotta be kidding!

Go to www.cnn.com
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart

Sounds like propeganda to keep the "terrorist killer" in office.

This is how we appease the terrorists!!!!!... Delay the elections!!!

I'm going to vote Nov 2 (come hell, high water, dirty bombs,anthrax) and nobody better get in my GD way!

No need to panic yet.

I remember there was a conspiracy theory floating around in the late 90's that had to do with Clinton declaring martial law to stay in power. Yeah there were some pretty ridiculous theories around then.

What do we learn from this article though? It's a good thing we still have our guns
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Post Re: Delay the elections? They've gotta be kidding!

So...in the event a great attack (nuclear?) occurs on or before the elections...they have to at least think about their options. Don't you think? That is all they are doing. If they didn't think of every possible scenario and how to deal with it...people would be calling them irresponsible and unprepared. (Oh wait, that is still happening anyway).

The "real" elections occur what...on the Monday following the second Wednesday of December with the electoral college anyway.

I say as long as the inaugural date in January is not affected...they can run their little scenarios all they want.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    No need to panic yet.

I remember there was a conspiracy theory floating around in the late 90's that had to do with Clinton declaring martial law to stay in power. Yeah there were some pretty ridiculous theories around then.
    There's a big difference between a conspiracy theory and the head of Homeland Security asking for legislation.

But it would be next to impossible to implement such legislation. Each state would have to revise its own constitution. Not likely to happen anytime soon.

From BBC:

Abraham Lincoln was urged by some aides to suspend the election of 1864 - during the US Civil War - but despite the expectation that he would lose, he refused. "The election is a necessity," Lincoln said. "We cannot have a free government without elections; and if the rebellion could force us to forgo, or postpone, a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered us."

Why do I smell a similar rat to the one that crawled across the House floor last week over the "Patriot" BS?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    So...in the event a great attack (nuclear?) occurs on or before the elections...they have to at least think about their options. Don't you think?
    Well if we move the date I’m sure terrorist will get wind of it. Unless of course we hold “secret elections” and not let anybody know where or when to vote. If Bush is really winning the war on terror then we have no reason to worry right? So why all the alarm causing us to delay?

This isn’t about Democrat vs. Republican or right vs. left. It is about “influencing our democratic process” as they put it. Question is, who is doing it? Think. Think hard. There are two answers.

Regards, and respectfuly,
    Brian

Go Back to forum