• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drum samples nedded

Share/Bookmark

Drum samples needed

Well I`m finally getting around to buying some drum samples. Any recommendations? Anybody familiar with the Bill Bruford sample cd?

Rick

Re: Drum samples nedded

Depends on your budget, if you have a decent one, I would suggest Scarbee Imperial Drums... the flexibility and detail are just amazing...

If your budget isn't that high, I would suggest Bigga Gigga's Acoustic Essentials, it's no where near the level of the Scarbee stuff, but no where near the price either... plus it includes some useful acoustic guitar strums...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

depends on the style you're after, and hwo much you want ot put into mixing.
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Re: Drum samples needed

Quote Originally Posted by KingIdiot
    depends on the style you're after, and hwo much you want ot put into mixing.
    The style would be prog/fusion. I`d be willing to put quite a bit of effort into mixing.

Rick

On similar lines, can anyone recommend HipHop drum samples that do not require much processing (i.e. the kicks are already phat and the snares thick), so you can just midi play them and use them in the final mix without having to add much compression/EQ etc?

Still depends on the tone you're after. I'm really enjoying Storm Drums for rock stuff, however, I wouldnt do much intricate stuff on the hi-hats. There are some cleaner hats in teh lib, but they dont all mesh well with the other kits. That said, I'm sure i could get them to work with some mixing options. Some of the kits take well to lots of ghost notes being played, some jsut sound really weird.

Pure Drums is really "clean" sounding, which is good in some ways, and bad in others. It all sounds "too clean" to me. Yet it has ALOT of different sounding kits, so I still find myself loading one or to up for different projects.

SID should be your best option if you do alot of intricate work, jsut because of the way the library is sampled and programmed. However I'm not sure how many snares come with the lib, so if you're looking for a piccilo you may want to ask Scarbee or Simone about that. It should be pretty flexible if you know how to mix.

DKFH superior, looks great, have to get my hands on it before I can say too much about it tho. The demos sound awesome, and might be your best bet for a balance in versatility and quality.

About Hip Hop drums. I really like the two Dance Mega Drums Libraries. Its mostly chopped up loops into single hits, but theres a lot of cool stuff.
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Quote Originally Posted by KingIdiot
    About Hip Hop drums. I really like the two Dance Mega Drums Libraries. Its mostly chopped up loops into single hits, but theres a lot of cool stuff.
    + the kits from modernbeats.com, they are great!

Ns kit 7 is a pro choice for fusion in my opinion. http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/

You got it free to try it until the full one get release.

Go Back to forum