• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is GPO working fine with Igor Engraver (a notation program from Sweden) ?

Share/Bookmark

Question Is GPO working fine with Igor Engraver (a notation program from Sweden) ?

Hello everyone!
    I came across a wonderful notation program, called Igor Engraver. I was wondering if some users have worked it through with GPO. Will GPO be supported ?
    Many thanks for your reply(ies).
    mhleo

Re: Is GPO working fine with Igor Engraver (a notation program from Sweden) ?

I used to work with Igor Engraver quite a lot and I did think it was a great program apart from a few (serious for professional modern scoring) limitations. However, I don't think it is being developed anymore so that makes it rather tricky to use, in my opinion. On apple it still only operates on classic and therefore can't be used with GPO.

I just tried and did manage to get some GPO sounds on my laptop but I doubt if it will be easy to use. If I find the time, I will see what is possible.

On the other hand: I haven't been able to succesfully set up Sibelius so far.....

Frank

Re: Is GPO working fine with Igor Engraver (a notation program from Sweden) ?

I tried Igor Engraver a couple of times. Both versions proved to be very unstable and would crash without warning. After the second time, I decided to wait until version 2 came out, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I don't think their website has been updated in a couple of years. Too bad.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum