• Register
  • Help

Topic: kontakt question : screen size ?

Share/Bookmark

kontakt question : screen size ?

hi, I just bought kontakt and I love it. But something is really nerving me.The screen is too small for editing !

The problem : I can't manage to get more "modules" ( like mapping editor/Amplifier and so on)on the screen. I have tried to boost the screen size in the kontakt options, but I don't get more "work space".
    Is it possible to put the "modules" not only among each other, but beside each other ?

thanks

Re: kontakt question : screen size ?

sorry for pushing this, but it is really a pain with so few GUI works pace

Kontakt- while a great piece of software, has one of the worst interfaces i've ever dealt with. failure to include standard interface elements such as a hot key for save, copy & paste, and the fact that there is NO UNDO drive me crazy. what the hell are they thinking. i hope these will be addressed in a futuure update.

sorry i don't have a useful answer for you. please complain to them about what you don't like about the program, so maybe they'll listen and fix it.

argh,
    john
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

I'm just trying the kontakt 1.5.3 pc demo and I am APPALLED to discover that 1) the interface is as bad as Logic Audio's and 2) like Logic, there's NO UNDO. But then I realized that NI, like Logic, is...

GERMAN.

Excuse me but German interface designers have to be BITCH SLAPPED. Tiny little unreadable letters on the interface? NO UNDO???? What the [nss][nss][nss][nss] is their [nss][nss][nss][nss]ing PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logic had these "features" YEARS ago so it's NOT an oversight on the part of the NI team... it's some kind of [nss][nss][nss][nss]ed-up GERMAN approach to interface design. Can't you just hear one of the designers saying:

"Ve in Chermany do not MAKE mistakes *sniff*. Zo ve haff no need for zis childish UNDO *humph*."

Mr. Garritan! I realize this would mean a rather large amount of work for you, but I beg you, in the name of all that is holy, to GET AWAY FROM THE INCOMPETENT GERMANS AS FAST AND AS FAR AS YOU CAN.

Thumbs down Re: kontakt question : screen size ?

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by bardolph
    I'm just trying the kontakt 1.5.3 pc demo and I am APPALLED to discover that 1) the interface is as bad as Logic Audio's and 2) like Logic, there's NO UNDO. But then I realized that NI, like Logic, is...

GERMAN.

Excuse me but German interface designers have to be B....

The significant portion of me that is of Germanic descent is less than thrilled with your viscious stereotyping.

Frankly the part of me that is Cherokee isn't real crazy about it either.

If it's supposed to be funny it isn't.

If it's supposed to instill an instant and negative impression (of YOU)...

Congrats. You have succeeded admirably.

User interfaces are very subjective things.

I'm neither defending nor condemning the Kontakt UI. It has it's high and low points like all others. However I've seen far far worse, and there is no nationalistic, racial, or ethnic monopoly or immunity where design flaws are concerned.

Hateful remarks, regardless of intent, are too numerous in the world today as it is. There is no need to drag them in here.

Michael

Go and buy Gigastudio!

Go Back to forum