• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Topic: Valse Clarinet

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Valse Clarinet

    I wrote a series of individual "exercises" for clarinet, oboe and flute.

    Here is my "Valse Clarinet" from that series:

    http://www.alexandermusic.com/musicf...seClarinet.mp3



    Regards,

    Larry A.

  2. #2

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Nice piece. I like the melody. Some of the phrases are way too long for a real clarinetist though which immediately spoils the realism of the clarinet part. Try allowing for a little more "breathing room".

  3. #3

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Looper
    Nice piece. I like the melody. Some of the phrases are way too long for a real clarinetist though which immediately spoils the realism of the clarinet part. Try allowing for a little more "breathing room".
    Thanks for your comments. They are appreciated.

    All of the clarinetists whom I know can breathe through their ears, so this work
    of mine is a piece of cake for them.

    Regards,

    Larry A.

  4. #4

    Talking Re: Valse Clarinet

    Hehehe... funny piece!

    Quite good music. Nice contrast between the continuo and the solo instrument, also the structure of the piece was also very good.
    Only criticism I have is that sometimes the harmony progression and voice-leading sounded not so good in my ears, but thats just matter of taste.

    Well done and keep it up.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1


    icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

    Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!


  5. #5

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Hehehe... funny piece!

    Quite good music. Nice contrast between the continuo and the solo instrument, also the structure of the piece was also very good.
    Only criticism I have is that sometimes the harmony progression and voice-leading sounded not so good in my ears, but thats just matter of taste.

    Well done and keep it up.
    Are you saying that my music is funny or my comment was funny?

    Larry A.

  6. #6

    Talking Re: Valse Clarinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Are you saying that my music is funny or my comment was funny?

    Larry A.
    heheheh... both!

    Btw. Funny not in bad meaning.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1


    icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

    Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!


  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Larry, Is all your stuff just GPO???

    Frank

  8. #8

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Larry, Is all your stuff just GPO???

    Frank
    If you mean are all of the instruments GPO only, then the answer, in most cases so far, is no. I use GPO in conjunction with patches from an Emu Proteus 2000 rack-mount synthesizer and another synth called The Summit which has a Kurzweil engine.

    When I have more experience and learn my way in the world of samples, I will probably use GPO exclusively, especially if Gary Garritan markets a jazz and big band sample library in the future.

    Regards,

    Larry A.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK- teeming with life....
    Posts
    2,567

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    Thanks Larry,

    I thought I'd read about all the synths over the years but I had to look up the Summit....made by AVM....I'm not sure it was well known over here.

    The Proteus was a synth which I really fancied a few years back. Apparently the new EMU soundcards/software come with all the Proteus presets! I actually bought the proteus virtuoso soundfont versions a few years ago. They were great value compared with the proteus cards.

    Regards

    Frank

  10. #10

    Re: Valse Clarinet

    a very jolly piece. it put a smile on my face.

    slán

    mick ó c

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •