• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uninstall and re-install

Share/Bookmark

Uninstall and re-install

I am installing a 200 GB hard drive to replace a smaller one. I will use this drive for all of my samples and music-related programs.

Will I encounter any problems uninstalling my Garritan GPO library and
    re-installing it on the new larger hard drive? Will this action cause the program to interpret this as an act of piracy, when, of course, it is not?

Thanks in advance,

Larry A.

Re: Uninstall and re-install

Hey Larry,

I too replaced my hard drive and had to reinstall GPO. The installation will be just fine, but you need to go to Native Instruments website (where you registered your Kontakt Player) and there is a place where you can "unauthorize" a computer or device. You may have two devices authorized to use your GPO. NI records your machine ID so it knows which machines have been authorized to use your copy of GPO.
    I have a laptop and a main computer at home. i had to register and authorize both of them to use the Kontakt Player. But when i wanted to use the GPO on my computer with the new hard drive, I was told I couldn't since there were already two authozed machines using my GPO. I had to de-authorize my old one (it has dates telling you when you authorized it) and authorize my newly installed one.

I hope this has made some sense. I'm dead.

I have been going for 27 hours now and and heading off to bed.

Jerry

Re: Uninstall and re-install

(Excerpt)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W.
    Hey Larry,

I too replaced my hard drive and had to reinstall GPO. The installation will be just fine, but you need to go to Native Instruments website (where you registered your Kontakt Player) and there is a place where you can "unauthorize" a computer or device.
    Jerry
    Thanks, Jerry. I appreciate all of the information.

Regards,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum