• Register
  • Help

Topic: Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

Share/Bookmark
    andyt

Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

1st July ... sitting by the letter box since 6am ... waiting for GS3 to arrive.
    But the postman has been and gone. No GS3. Oh my, what could have happened ?

Maybe its been delayed in the post. I guess it'll probably arrive tomorrow.

Has everybody else recieved theirs ?

Wink Re: Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

I keep telling everybody, October but nobody believes me???

No Demos
    No Gigapulse demos
    No advertised pre order
    No Go

It just ain't ready or you would be seeing these signs...

Sorry folks, looks like Halloween for GS3

gigga...

Re: Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

There's never been a demo. Doesn't mean a thing...

July 19th is what I was told when I called Tascam......holding my breath.

I'm moving to Kontakt.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaras
    July 19th is what I was told when I called Tascam......holding my breath.

I'm moving to Kontakt.
    Don't see it as a "move", rather as a complement. there are strengths in both programmes.
    The thing with Native Instruments is their rather complicated and clumsy registration process.

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Don't see it as a "move", rather as a complement. there are strengths in both programmes.
    The thing with Native Instruments is their rather complicated and clumsy registration process.
    Not to mention their buggy as hell software.

Exclamation Re: Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

Quote Originally Posted by tripit
    Not to mention their buggy as hell software.
    Every softsampler gets to fully own a piece of that comment.

For the record - Kontakt 1.5.3 with their newest streaming engine is pretty solid. I've not had a chance to work with HALion3 as of yet, but the word on the street is that it stands up well and is loaded with new features.

GigaStudio 3 will likely have a few growing pains, if only because of the new GSIF2 driver format and their depency on third parties in getting it right off the bat. Plus the architecture of the app pre-supposes bypassing several layers of the OS to get the low-latency performance they promise. I'm sure that part of the reason why it's taken them this long is to ensure their features stand up under a multitude of platform conditions.

If you're favorite thing is to bitch about buggy software, then by all means step up and install the very first release and satisfy your craving to tick yourself off. Otherwise, wait to see how other "bleeding edge" artists fare and then take the plunge when the water is fine. I have a fresh seat for GigaStudio160 coming in, and it will sit on the shelf until GS3 is stable - then I will add it to my studio.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Every softsampler gets to fully own a piece of that comment.
    and it will sit on the shelf until GS3 is stable - then I will add it to my studio.
    Why do you take it for granted that it will be unstable ?
    I am among the ones who do not trust Tascam much anymore, but really I expect GS3 to be reasonably stable as soon as it comes out.... else, why in hell would it have taken so long to release it ?
    I do suppose Tscam felt like they have no "right for mistake", with the strong competition out there (Halion, Kontakt...), and some dispointment from users for lack of support, bugs, etc. So they had to get it right from the very start.
    Hence, I'd bet that v3-0 will be okay.

Lightbulb Re: Postman didn't deliver GS3 today - shocked & puzzled

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog
    Why do you take it for granted that it will be unstable ?
    Hence, I'd bet that v3-0 will be okay.
    I'd say that it has a pretty good chance of standing up on the first release, considering the time they've taken. If all of the signs are good from the user community, I GS3 could go into my studio on the first weekend after word has gotten around on its stablity. I didn't mean to intimate that I'm going to wait for GS3.1 to install, but in the absense of more information - history teaches that the more solid installs will be 3.0.1 or 3.0.2.

I'm waiting to upgrade to HALion3 using the same yardstick. I'm about to start a project that will be hot and heavy through the middle (and likely to the end) of the month, and I don't want to rock the boat. In the mean time, I updated my secondary machine to be the hardware equivalent of my main DAW, just so that I can use it to hold up some larger orchestral arrangements.

For the most part, my machine is ready for when GS3 finally hits the street, but I'm going to make sure that I don't risk 1/2 of my studio resources when there are projects to complete. Of course, if I end up with a project that only a GS3 library will handle, then I'll work it into my project timeline - but that also means that I'll be careful to scale my projects so that kind of dependency doesn't put a risk to my ability to buy groceries.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Go Back to forum