• Register
  • Help

Topic: Since it's nearing the 4th of July...

Share/Bookmark

Cool Since it's nearing the 4th of July...

....I thought someone would have posted a John Philip Sousa march. Then again, the world is a different place since I was a tiny little lad, a...boy or kid or what ever! Nevertheless, here is my contribution since my PC took a turn for the worse.

Mr. Sousa of Band Fame Very Fond of Spaghetti
    Tomato sauce: one quart can of tomatoes; put in kettle on top of stove, simmer or let boil slowly for one and a half hours. Add pepper, salt, two onions cut in fine slices, four allspice and four cloves, the cloves and allspice to be added after it starts to boil. After one and a half hours add:
    Pelotas (meat balls) – Two pounds chopped meat (beef, as hamburger steak). Add one onion chopped fine, one cup bread crumbs, a little parlsey, salt and pepper. Make into meat balls about the size of a plum. Put into sauce and boil one and one-half hours slowly. This makes fully three hours’ slow boiling for the sauce.
    Spaghetti – use a package or a pound of spaghetti (not macaroni). Have a large pot of boiling water with about one table-spoonful of salt. Slide the spaghetti into the water, Do not break it. Boil exactly twenty minutes. Must be tender, not tough, not doughy.
    To sauce add three bay leaves one hour before taking off the stove. Serve spaghetti on large platter, pouring tomato sauce over it. Serve pelotas on smaller platter, allowing a small quantity of sauce to remain. Serve grated parmesan cheese on side. Use the piece of cheese to grate, not bottled cheese.
    "This serves from six to eight people and is my favorite dish," says Mr. Sousa.
    This recipe is taken from the July 23, 1916, edition of the Chicago Herald newspaper.

Where's the vino bambino!
    Styxx

Re: Since it's nearing the 4th of July...

Man Styxx, you always have a way of making me hungry!! :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Wink Re: Since it's nearing the 4th of July...

How do you spell in Italian, Mange?
    Is that right? You would think I could remember with ma and pa always speaking the language. Francesco can correct me, right maestro?

Come to think of it I could go for some myself! Along with a hot loaf of crusty Italian bread straight from the oven and a glass of favorite red wine. And the homemade meat ta balls! Mmm mmm. Not to mention the cheese and maybe a side order of calamari! After which, you set back and enjoy some GPO demos and top the night off with starting a new one of your own called...."On Top of Old GPO"... all covered with mod controls. I lost my poor GOS lite, when the PC did a freeze!
    OK, that did it!
    Styxx

Re: Since it's nearing the 4th of July...

Man Styxx, you kill me LOL!

Go Back to forum