• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS lite won't load.

Share/Bookmark

Question GOS lite won't load.

Well, it's about time I loaded GOS lite in and explore it a bit. Hmmm. Won't load(?). It's not that I could use it cause I don't have the means. Just thought I would see it from the inside.
    Anyone have a clue as to how to the GOS lite into the PC I would love to hear from you.
    Thanks.

Update: I stuck the first CD in and tried to install. A window popped up with two icons. But from there I couldn't click on them or move them anywhere. When I tried a window popped up with "Not supported...."
    I am not so good with things like this or at least lately. If I have to purchase Giga or HALion to use GOSlite then maybe I should wait.
    Styxx

Re: GOS lite won't load.

Most Giga CD's don't have an installer (I don't think) you just go to my computer, find your CD rom drive, double click to open it, you should see some folders that are on the CD, then just drag them to where you want them to go on your computer (preferable a hard drive seperate from your operating system, IE: Windows XP.)

Hope that helps, I don't know anything about how Gary sends his out though.

Smile Re: GOS lite won't load.

Styxx -- Are you trying to load the GOS/Lite Giga? I bought that back a few months ago for use my HALion 2. (HALion imports Giga and at that time there wasn't a GOS/Lite for HALion.) If you're trying to import the GOS/Lite Giga into HALion 2 then you go to the "Import" screen and find the things you are trying to import. It also helps (I learned by sheer experience) to set up a HALion "import" folder into which the banks are installed so that you can easily manipulate them later.

P.S. Your problem statement is far from complete, so this advice may be way off base, in which case, I apologize in advance!

KevinKauai

P.S. Your problem statement is far from complete, so this advice may be way off base, in which case, I apologize in advance!
    Sorry, I was very tired and not feeling so well. Must be everything catching up to me at once.
    I do not have HAlion 2. I also understand one needs full Kontakt and or Giga in order to use GOSlite?

(preferable a hard drive seperate from your operating system, IE: Windows XP.)
    That would be nice but only have one drive.
    Thanks again for the help from both of you.
    Styxx

Could you try this again, and right click on the files. Then select properties. I'm looking for the file type. It will be under the 'General' tab. Any other information you can give me would be good. Sounds like it is a file your computer doesn't know how to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Could you try this again, and right click on the files. Then select properties. I'm looking for the file type. It will be under the 'General' tab. Any other information you can give me would be good. Sounds like it is a file your computer doesn't know how to handle.
    Either that or it's me who can't handle! When I get home today I will try it again. In as so much though, isn't it useless without full kontakt and or giga, HaLion? This stuff is starting to confuse me even more.
    Styxx

Yeah, if you've got Sonar 3 Producer, though, you can load it into the sampler that comes with it. I forget what it's called though. V-Sampler or something... I thought you had Kontakt, I may be delusional though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Yeah, if you've got Sonar 3 Producer, though, you can load it into the sampler that comes with it. I forget what it's called though. V-Sampler or something... I thought you had Kontakt, I may be delusional though.
    Sonar Producer is sitting at the new studio. I need something for private use at home. Maybe I'll purchase it today. Always something. Someday (most likely when I go home from this earth) someone will find a way to standardize all of this so it can be easily interchangeable. Huh, I just woke up!
    Styxx

You! Lite up my PC. The damn thing fried! Toast! NO MORE PC! I want to thank all of you for your delightful threads and wonderful demos! AND to wish each and every one of youzzz guyzzz the best of luck with the contest! I have to wait a few weeks before I get my PC back from THOSE NITWITS who put it together in da first place. It is still under a two year warranty so LET THE FIX DA DANG THING!
    "I dunno what could have happened Mike. Are you sure you didn't spill something in the tower?" "Are you sure it is not running?" "Did you try turning on the power?" (Dah) "Is it plugged in?" (Dahh no.2) "Is the power cord connected properly?" (No, I shoved it....I won't go there.)
    Well, so this concludes this thread since it is useless to know why GOS lite didn't load CAUSE THERE'S NOTHING TO LOAD IT IN!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum