• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cubase + Legato

Share/Bookmark

Cubase + Legato

Hi all, I have a small question.

How can I activate the legato mode in Cubase when I doesn't have sustain pedal? I use mouse to add mod events etc.

Btw. I use also full version of Kontakt, if that makes any difference. And I'm on Win XP Pro.

Thanks in advance!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Cubase + Legato

You would just use the mouse to add Sustain Pedal information into Cubase. This is how I have to do it as well. It will be 0>64 for no legato or 64>127 for legato/sustain. Legato of couse will only work for those instruments that are programmed for it.

Talking Re: Cubase + Legato

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    You would just use the mouse to add Sustain Pedal information into Cubase. This is how I have to do it as well. It will be 0>64 for no legato or 64>127 for legato/sustain. Legato of couse will only work for those instruments that are programmed for it.
    Thanks Joseph, I finally found the sustain pedal in Cubase.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Cubase + Legato

Markleford also made a cool MFX plugin that you can use in Cubase which will convert a midi key into sustain pedeal message.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Go Back to forum