• Register
  • Help

Topic: EMU World Instruments CD

Share/Bookmark

Question EMU World Instruments CD

Hello,

I'd like to know if there are any usable samples on EMU - EMULATOR 6013 - World Instruments CD or there are only cheap smallsized (300-400 kb)sounds ?

Info from EMU site>

This collection of World Instruments from the Emulator Classic Series (Volume 5) offers you a large collection of ethnic instruments, including Accordions, Bagpipes, Dobro, Koto, Swedish Lyre, Celtic Harp, Exotic Winds, Mizmar, Banjo, Pedal Steel and much more

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Pro

Re: EMU World Instruments CD

Hi,

Compared to what's available now, no. However, I believe that these are being blown out at very low prices. If you don't have much money, you would be able to get by but you probably won't get much realism without tons of work. The percussion instruments are usable but you'll get more mileage out of such libraries as Rare Instruments and Ethno World 1 & 2 over these ones IMHO.

In fairness to the library itself, these are from the era of the Emulator III which came out in the late 80's sometime IIRC. There is a drastic difference between the capabilities of late 80's hardware samplers and current software samplers. HTH

IMHO, save your pennies and buy one of the newer libraries when they go on sale.

FV

True, the libs are small, and compared to what is possible now, on the weak side. OTOH, for what they are, they're not too bad. I've gotten some useful tracks out of the lib, and performance/stylistic ideas..
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

I see Emu is blowing them out as part of a 4 CD bundle for $19.99. For 5 bucks a disc, how can you go wrong? (Think of how much these discs must have cost retail when they first came out!) You'll get your money's worth even if you use just ONE of the sounds...

Too bad the card's a disaster....No GSIF...no SF2.....fx unusable above 48 khz sample rate.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    I see Emu is blowing them out as part of a 4 CD bundle for $19.99. For 5 bucks a disc, how can you go wrong? (Think of how much these discs must have cost retail when they first came out!) You'll get your money's worth even if you use just ONE of the sounds...
    I didn't realize that they were this cheap. I agree. You can't go wrong at this price. Even if you find only 5 or 6 useful sounds (and there's probably more that is useful in there than that), you'd be doing great.

FV

They are excellent sounds for what they are. Don't use them for Star Wars 3, but for minor/intermediate things you'd be surprised.

Everything is useable in some way, just like everything else. THink of someone with obsolete gear, making the most out of it and producing dead-on orchestral simulations. (maybe) Or think Jimmy Jam with a Mirage.

Go Back to forum