• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Here's a brand new little piece which I wrote while and after the chat tonight.

    http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/gpo_menuet_mp3.mp3

    Thanks Gary for these wonderful instruments!

    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

  2. #2
    Senior Member CString's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    152

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Nice piece Falcon1. Sort of like if one of the Romantic composers used more counterpoint than usual - which is really a pretty cool effect. Will you repeat that section and add a trio? It would be nice to hear more. -Chad

  3. #3

    Cool Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    CString, here's the larger version I did after I saw your "request" for trio.

    http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/...nuet1b_mp3.mp3

  4. #4
    Senior Member CString's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    152

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    CString, here's the larger version I did after I saw your "request" for trio.

    http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/...nuet1b_mp3.mp3

    Ahhhh... Now that felt better. Excellent contrast in the trio. That is really a very enjoyable piece to listen to, Falcon1. Thanks for the "extension."

    -Chad

  5. #5

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Quote Originally Posted by CString
    Ahhhh... Now that felt better. Excellent contrast in the trio. That is really a very enjoyable piece to listen to, Falcon1. Thanks for the "extension."

    -Chad
    Thanks Chad for your comments. Yea, the trio needed of course to be a contrast to the menuet so the Trio is a Vivace section.

    You're welcome, I had fun while a put the Trio together.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Wow Falcon,

    The second day you have GPO and you've written two impressive works! I really enjoyed your minuet. Very nice counterpoint and use of the solo strings. You are becoming a real GPO virtuoso.

    Thanks for posting this,

    Gary Garritan

  7. #7

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Wow Falcon,

    The second day you have GPO and you've written two impressive works! I really enjoyed your minuet. Very nice counterpoint and use of the solo strings. You are becoming a real GPO virtuoso.

    Thanks for posting this,

    Gary Garritan
    Thanks Gary!

    Well, I there's still much to learn before I can call myself a GPO virtuoso.

    There's more to come soon.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1


    icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

    Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!


  8. #8

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    falcon1,

    Not bad for a noob!

    Just messing with you, this is very good, thank you for sharing!
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

  9. #9

    Talking Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    falcon1,

    Not bad for a noob!

    Just messing with you, this is very good, thank you for sharing!
    Hehehe...

    thanks Alan - btw. I have now found the legato AND portamento controls in Cubase so beware!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1


    icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

    Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!


  10. #10

    Re: GPO Menuet (String Quartet)

    HAHA... yeah, Cubase is awesome, if you need any help, don't hesitate to ping me...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

    20 Things

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •