• Register
  • Help

Topic: Fugue in a-minor (first GPO try)

Share/Bookmark

Cool Fugue in a-minor (first GPO try)

Hi all, I finally got my copy of GPO today and I thought I should try it and post the result of first try with GPO here.

http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3/...r_strQ_mp3.mp3

Of course I have so much to learn about GPO instruments so please bare with me.

Thanks for listening!

Re: Fugue in a-minor (first GPO try)

I really can't say too much about your fugue because there is too much reverb and I can't hear the notes being played!

I like it. Simple critique eh? The process could use some work, but the composition itself is sound.

falcon1,

For doing your first piece the first day you received GPO, I think you did fabulous.

This fugue you wrote shows you have a good command of composition and theory. Did you work in a notation program and/or a sequencer?

I think the space is a matter of taste and depends on the room you are trying to simulate. A quartet could play in an intimate room or a large cathedral. You could try another setting with Ambience for comparison.

If this is your first piece right after you received GPO, I think we're in for some nice treats from you in the future.

Thanks for sharing this,

Gary Garritan

Jaibulu, is it because of the reverb that you "can't hear the notes being played"?

Joseph, thanks. Yes, I'm still learning mixing and mastering my pieces properly so I'm still making mistakes in that area.

Gary, thanks. I compose all my pieces in Sibelius, I find that in that environment you have much more control/overview of the composition than in sequencer environment.
    Yea, I'll try another setting of Ambience to see if it's better.
    Yes, this was the first piece I used GPO on and certainly not the last.

Thanks all!

Just too much reverb, drains the whole piece, but I guess you learn from experience. I assume your next sequence will sound great.

Nice piece...especially for your first attempt!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    I compose all my pieces in Sibelius
    I've asked a few people before with no luck...how do you get Sibelius to work with GPO?

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Nice piece...especially for your first attempt!

I've asked a few people before with no luck...how do you get Sibelius to work with GPO?
    I just open "Personal Orchestra Studio" and then open Sibelius. Then you should be able to assign tracks/intruments to right instance of GPOS. You should see "GPO Studio: 1,2,3,4 etc." in the Mixer under Device drop-down menu in Sibelius.

Btw. I have Sibelius version 2.0 so maybe it different in your version.

Almost forgot, thanks for your comment!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    I just open "Personal Orchestra Studio" and then open Sibelius. Then you should be able to assign tracks/intruments to right instance of GPOS. You should see "GPO Studio: 1,2,3,4 etc." in the Mixer under Device drop-down menu in Sibelius.

Btw. I have Sibelius version 2.0 so maybe it different in your version.

Almost forgot, thanks for your comment!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Thanks!
    No problem. Feels good to be able to help others.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Go Back to forum