• Register
  • Help

Topic: Capture to Audio?

Share/Bookmark

Capture to Audio?

The GPO website indicates that GPO studio can now do Capture to Audio. I've not been able to find anything at all about that feature in the studio docs or menus. Is this an active feature yet, or is the mention of that feature premature? FWIW I'm using v. 1.11 (as shipped).

Thanks!

D.
    "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds"
    --Psalm 147:3

Re: Capture to Audio?

This is available in version 1.2 (which is still in beta stages.) Email Gary and he may let you download the beta version.

Lightbulb Re: Capture to Audio?

Hi there.

I am new to the forum but I do have a solution depending upon which computer platform you have.
    If you have a Mac running OS X, there is a freeware program from ambrosia software called "Wiretap"

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/freebies/

It captures any sound from your computer and saves it as a .wav or .aiff. the sound is as good as whatever card you are using. I have been using it since I purchased the GPO in December and it really sounds decent.

If you have Windows, I am sure there is a similar solution for you.

Thanks,

Jerry

I didn't realize the 1.2 beta was limited. If you just search the forum, you can find a link Gary posted to it a while back. I didn't want to put it here in case it's actually not supposed to be up anymore...?

Quote Originally Posted by dancase
    The GPO website indicates that GPO studio can now do Capture to Audio. I've not been able to find anything at all about that feature in the studio docs or menus. Is this an active feature yet, or is the mention of that feature premature? FWIW I'm using v. 1.11 (as shipped).

Thanks!

D.
    Hi Dan,

GPO Studio 1.2 is not officially released yet but we're almost there and will post the latest. The Capture to Audio feature is in this version.

Here is the link to the latest GPO Studio v 1.2 with the Capture to Audio feature:

PC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.zip
    MAC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.dmg.sit

Gary Garritan

This is interesting but i was unable to get this link to function ;it seems to have been well no matter .anyway,heck I got the old page cannot be displayed page.
    I had managed to accomplish a workaround for using GPO in Ableton Live,
    (my original main concern) but this new development I am very glad to hear about and would be very grateful to know more

Sorry Jbon,

Typo in the link. It should be fixed now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Gary

not at all .. i thank you Gary !

Being able to record directly from the studio like that is great. Thanks Gary.

Tim
    Tim

Go Back to forum