• Register
  • Help

Topic: K. Hunter Solo Strings with VSL Solo Strings

Share/Bookmark

K. Hunter Solo Strings with VSL Solo Strings

Is anybody using Kirk Hunter Solo Strings together with VSL Solo Strings eg. taking KHSS Violins & using VSL Viola, Cello or mixing any combination? I would like to hear how those two would work together. Do they clash or do they sound great together.

Re: K. Hunter Solo Strings with VSL Solo Strings

I haven't done that, but I have combined the KHSS standard violin and gypsy violin into a single voice successfully.

The standard is Stradivarius; the gypsy a Cappo. The standard is somewhat reserved with its vibrato and slides. The spiccato has a nice "Psycho" duration to it. The gypsy has very dramatic vibrato and huge slides. It's spiccato is lightning-quick - good for fast virtuoso styles.

Even though samples use different violins, one can string the samples together to simulate a single player creating different styles and moods. Since the same recording techniques were used for both, the transition is seamless.

I wish I could review the mix with VSL-SS, but I don't own it, and I've got too many other wish-libs ahead of it on my list (including many from VSL).

-Jon Fairhurst

I am writing a few quartets and wanted to see if anybody had experience mixing those libraries together. Its just, both sound great but were recorded different. My main concern is when mixing those two will the ambience of each library blend well together because I find them both different which is a good thing but how will they work together?

Well i think they're both recorded dry so you shouldnt have too much trouble with them.

Could be interesting: KHSS is in mono, VSLSS is in stereo..

Go Back to forum