• Register
  • Help

Topic: GIGA....One problem after another

Share/Bookmark

GIGA....One problem after another

I am going back to the world of hardware sampling (which ALWAYS worked well) unless I get some help here. First, my DX-7 controller seems to be incompatible with some of the drum sounds since I can't get any kind of level above a whisper at velocity level 109 from DP's event list. And I can't find a way to adjust anything in GIGA to compensate. I can't get any SPDIF signal into Performer from the MIA MIDI card in the PC that's running GIGA. And now today, all of a sudden I have a HUGE delay between keystrike and sounds that I can't fix. Gear: MAC G4/350 (512GIG RAM) running DP 2.7 with MOTU MTP/AV midi interface and MOTU 2408 audio interface. PC is a homebuilt ATHLON 1.8 GIG running GIGA 2.54 and using MIA MIDI card.

Re: GIGA....One problem after another

DX-7's make pretty crappy midi controllers. I wouldn't blame GIGA. The DX-7 doesn't go the full range on velocities

Hello,

I used DX-7 few years ago and I used http://www.midiox.com/ software to convert DX-7 velocity range to full range. It runs without any problems.

BTW, some later DX-7 models had full midi velocity range.

Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pro
    Hello,

I used DX-7 few years ago and I used http://www.midiox.com/ software to convert DX-7 velocity range to full range. It runs without any problems.

BTW, some later DX-7 models had full midi velocity range.

Pro
    Yeah, the "2 FD", but it had narrower keys and hence a "shorter" octave .... found myself playing ninths instead of octaves ....
    Nnnnnaaaaahhhhh .... frustrating.
    I had to trigger it with my "ESQ 1", remember that? :-)
    I never even bothered to check out the "SY" series when it came out ....

Go Back to forum