• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best Harmonica library

Share/Bookmark

Best Harmonica library

with single notes sampled (must have this) as well as some riffs.

Not looking for a library with only riffs (i.e. Zero-G's library...which sounds great BTW...but needing single notes as well)

Thanks.

Re: Best Harmonica library

Quote Originally Posted by Marty

Not looking for a library with only riffs (i.e. Zero-G's library...which sounds great BTW...but needing single notes as well)

Thanks.
    My favorite is American Heartland if you want a blues like flavor. I've got several tunes with this as well as Whole Lotta Country, if you like I can email some snippets.

I recommend getting your own harmonica and practicing it some every day for a week or two until you get comfortable with it, then record it live.

This will really breathe a lot of life into your tracks.
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Thanks.
    Harmonica is probably as hard to sample as saxophones since it can be played with so many variations. Learning to play yourself is always a challange, but a fun challange!
    Another phrase lilbrary would be Bigga Giggas/Danny Lux "Essential Harmonica"
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

I'd have to say that SR'S American Heartland is the best I've heard.

Thanks for the replies. It does seem Amer Heartland is the choice since the Harmonicas have been chromatically sampled. Bass harmonica too!

And it has a mountain dulcimer and Tack piano. Those should be nice extra surprises a well.

Thanks for the replies. It does seem Amer Heartland is the choice since the Harmonicas have been chromatically sampled. Bass harmonica too!

And it has a mountain dulcimer and Tack piano. Those should be nice extra surprises a well.
    There's a lot of stuff in that library...a lot of extras and surprises. It's a great lib to own, I highly recommend it!!

Go Back to forum