• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture and solo strings

Share/Bookmark

Overture and solo strings

I was just curious if there is any way to get different bowings out of the solo strings with the bundled version of overture. I tried assigning a slur to just a single note. That didn't seem to be working, but I may have just been doing sometyhing wrong... Has anyone out there done that?

Re: Overture and solo strings

When you use a slur over a few notes, you get the GPO legato feature. But this makes sense only when you intend to perform several notes on one bow length. I don't think you can hear the difference on one single note, I don't know even if Overture will activate the feature in that case.

If you need additional tweaking, then use the piano-roll view. There, you can alter attack intensity with velocity on a note by note basis, and poolish legato by overlaping notes, or fine tuning the sustain pedal.

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by galvedro
    When you use a slur over a few notes, you get the GPO legato feature. Anton
    Is there a setup required with Overture to get the slur/legato feature working with GPO? I hear no difference (though I do if draw a sustain pedal in the graphics window). I know that with notated dynamics I can double-click on the dynamic and assign it to the modulation controllers. Is there a similar dialog box for setting slurs to the sustain pedal? Thanks.

You may want to make sure you have the most recent version of Overture. It is available on the downloads page and specifically mentions the legato function.

Is there a setup required with Overture to get the slur/legato feature working with GPO?
    I didn't anything special to make this work. Be sure to be using a "legato type" slur, I've seen other types in the dropdown button.

Anton

Quote Originally Posted by galvedro
    I didn't anything special to make this work. Be sure to be using a "legato type" slur, I've seen other types in the dropdown button.

Anton
    Also, make sure (if you're not hearing the different) to make sure that the Kontakt player is set to the correct pedal mode.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by csduke
    Is there a setup required with Overture to get the slur/legato feature working with GPO? I hear no difference (though I do if draw a sustain pedal in the graphics window). I know that with notated dynamics I can double-click on the dynamic and assign it to the modulation controllers. Is there a similar dialog box for setting slurs to the sustain pedal? Thanks.
    Select the slur, click the Edit menu, and Enable playback. That will insure that it is sending out the right pedal codes. Also make sure that GPO is set up to use CC (the first choice I think) under options for the pedal.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Go Back to forum