• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 Kompakt questions

Share/Bookmark

2 Kompakt questions

Hi,

1) In the Kompakt manual they tell you how to extend a sample's key range UPWARDs, but not how to extend it DOWNWARD. Is this possible nonetheless? How?

2) I have some Giga format sounds which have no velocity sensitivity programmed in at all. Is there any way to add it in Kompakt? The Kompakt velocity curve knob only modifies EXISTING vel. sensitivity.

Thanks for any help!

Alan

Re: 2 Kompakt questions

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    1) In the Kompakt manual they tell you how to extend a sample's key range UPWARDs, but not how to extend it DOWNWARD. Is this possible nonetheless? How?
    I would try following the steps to make a sample's key range higher, only, reverse the process for the lower end of the keyboard... not sure though... never tried this when I had Kompakt (it was a while ago).

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    2) I have some Giga format sounds which have no velocity sensitivity programmed in at all. Is there any way to add it in Kompakt? The Kompakt velocity curve knob only modifies EXISTING vel. sensitivity.
    This sort of editing is not allowed in Kompakt, however, in Kontakt you can add velocity (and any other controller you desire) and set how sensitive that velocity is in about ten seconds, it's really easy. Again, though, Kompakt doesn't allow that sort of editing. Kompakt is more like a playback sampler while Kontakt is the editing/playback sampler...

Hope that helped...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum