• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio & V-Stack on one PC?

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio & V-Stack on one PC?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I am trying to setup my second PC to run both Gigastudio and QLSO via V-Stack, but even though my RME soundcard is multi-client, V-Stack will only 'release' the audio for Gigastudio if it is in the background and vice versa. So, is there anyway around this or am I doomed to convert all my Giga samples to run in Halion or Kontakt?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Re: Gigastudio & V-Stack on one PC?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAxia
    Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I am trying to setup my second PC to run both Gigastudio and QLSO via V-Stack, but even though my RME soundcard is multi-client, V-Stack will only 'release' the audio for Gigastudio if it is in the background and vice versa. So, is there anyway around this or am I doomed to convert all my Giga samples to run in Halion or Kontakt?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
    hi chris, I am new to giga, just got a system. I was told by the guy that put my system that giga operates at the Kernal level of the OS so it takes over your system. you can't do both at once. I also use vstack with NI kompete 2 but only one at a time.
    My Gear:
    Sonica P3 w/ 2 gigs ramm, 300+gigs 7200rpm raid, giga 160, RME Hammerfall HDSP 96, VSL Orch. Cube, NI complete 2 AU, dual 800 G4, os 10.2.8, dp 4.12au, motu M5 1.08, waves platinum 4.3x, uad 3.5.1 Spectrasonics Stylus & Atmosphere (AU versions) 1.25 gigs ram, miromotion dc30+ vid capture crd, motu pci 424 G5 card, midi exprss xt

Hi There,

Thanks for your response, although I was just told yesterday that the reason is more likely that in `multi client` mode, 2 applications would `share` the ASIO driver, but in this case we are asking the soundcard to use both GSIF and ASIO drivers which is apparently not possible.

Oh well...

Thanks again,

Chris

I would imagine that using V-Stack along with Gigastudio is the same situation as running SX along with Gigastudio - which works without a problem. Only thing is to make sure that Gigastudio and the VST host does not use the same audio ports.

That`s a good point! Many people do use both apps on one PC! I`ll check out if it`s possible to allocate individual outputs to each application.

Thanks,

Chris

Go Back to forum