• Register
  • Help

Topic: Longstanding problem with crashing in Logic!

Share/Bookmark

Longstanding problem with crashing in Logic!

Since like the Febuary update, it is hit and miss with Personal Orchestra in Logic Pro 6 on my Mac (OSX 10.2)

It seems that every time I have an instance open, when I close it, I get that computer sound- meaning that Logic has crashed. Sometime I have the option to save what I've made before it has crashed, but last night, among many other nights, I completely lost a song I was working on because I hadn't saved it yet-it was too early on for that..

Does anyone know when the next update is going to be? I've had to center my songs around my other sounds, and only use 1 of 2 instances of P.O. because of this..

Re: Longstanding problem with crashing in Logic!

Hi RowlandFawn,

I am wondering if your version of OSX may be a consideration. There could be many other factors depending on your system and configuration and it may be best to call and try to troubleshoot to find the solution. If you want, email me and I'll place you on the beta list for the new update and perhaps we can get better performance.

Gary Garritan

Exclamation HELP! Re: Longstanding problem with crashing in Logic!

hello, can someone kindly PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS SITUATION. I am in the middle of a session, i am a commercial composer (deadline is tonight) and I have this same problem...I am running logic 6.4.2 under OS X 10.3.4 and Logic crashes on startup every time. i cannot open a session i was just working on....Help!
    taylor Haskins

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Hi RowlandFawn,

I am wondering if your version of OSX may be a consideration. There could be many other factors depending on your system and configuration and it may be best to call and try to troubleshoot to find the solution. If you want, email me and I'll place you on the beta list for the new update and perhaps we can get better performance.

Gary Garritan

Taylor,

Try this. Make sure your default song is not the current project you're working on. If it is, make a new default song (or use Logic's original default song) that is completely void of any plugins and AU instruments and plugins. Close Logic, the restart. Once the "stock" default song loads, close it and open the project you're currently working on.

I've run into this problem, and for some reason, this workaround seems to help.

Also, what soundcard are you running?

Kevin

I never have crashes anymore as long as I exercise the learned working methods, namely to;
    ALWAYS simply use as a functional "buffer", the bundled "Cubasis" to effectively safeguard against possible crashes. I would bet this "wrapping" would work for any set-up! to enable playable workaround for the immediate enablement of functionality, while various extensivetests continue seeking ultimate optimumalternatives for GPO. There are usually several different ways to do any one thing... but this is...like for now!
    Its only when I omit this "buffer", (now only during experimentations) that I EVER get bothered anymore by crashes!!

I believe there are ways to get great functionality from the GPO and all sorts of additional OTHER configurations,outside of just this one wonderful way (I am now aware of),to utilize the magical-library, and I aim to discover each &every possible variable I can discover, with help of course.

As I was recently reminded by a good friend, each of us likely has a different set-up.. making the ability to see from the perspective perhaps needed to view from, not too likely, without specifically addressing the potential mixup...
    as in a pc/ osx conversation could have a glitch, etc..

So what I see as possibly universally applicable, might be totally-not.. perhaps demonstrating the "2 cents" "concept".
    how-ever, best of luck to you!!

Go Back to forum